DISH 2016 CES Press Event

Scott have they revealed the pricing for the Hopper 3 via retail channels (a la Solid Signal) and will the availability there be the same timeframe?

IMO, 16 tuners is CRAZY! We barely tax the three we already have. But I'm glad the record-aholics are happy. Only selling point to me is 4K...and only WHEN there is any source(s) to substantiate it.

Reactions: osu1991
If I recall correctly when the dph was released they said it was the 1st of 2 rollouts for the new lnb. Is there another dph lnb to be released?

Good For Dish to finally get around the 3 Tuner Limitation.

My only question is 16 HD video streams is alot of data to write to the hard drive at one time.

If an HD stream is 8 MB/ Second and you times that by 16 streams thats 128 MB/Second being written to the drive at once. Fills up the hard drive awfully fast!

IMO, 16 tuners is CRAZY! We barely tax the three we already have. But I'm glad the record-aholics are happy. Only selling point to me is 4K...and only WHEN there is any source(s) to substantiate it.

I regularly have conflicts in the prime of fall and spring. This could allow me to drop back to one DVR.

if I sign up for the two year $49.99 price lock now can I upgrade to this when available? My guess is it will not be out before the special is done.

Price lock promo for new customers is going to be around for awhile.

DISH is actually not allowing people to upgrade at the moment, as they know people will be pissed if they get a Hopper with Sling and are stuck with it for 2 years when the Hopper 3 is coming out.

EDIT - What I said above is for existing customers. If you are a new customer I would wait until the H3 is released so you get one of those. :D

Reactions: DishDave
I want to see wiring diagrams. Currently have 2- 722Ks and a 211K (that I use in RV in summer). All running off DPP 44 switch. I would go with Hopper 3 & Joey but must have 211K on account also. Don't know if 211K will work with new LNBF/switches IF they are required....

They will allow you to have a 211 with the hopper 2 not to sure about the hopper 3 ...if anything it will probably be the wally ...since they stated it would have same functionality as 211

They will allow you to have a 211 with the hopper 2 not to sure about the hopper 3 ...if anything it will probably be the wally ...since they stated it would have same functionality as 211
Not with the Hopper 3, now will the Wally wont work with the Hopper 3 either. The Wally is just a 211 with the new Hopper Carbon UI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)