Dish 211K question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gbuilders

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
I have a 211K Dish receiver that Im using in my RV with a Winegard X2. I'm wanting to split the signal to my living room and my bedroom with this receiver. The remote for the 211K is IR only, Dish told me that I can use my UHF pro remote with it. How do I make this work?

Thanks

The 211k will not support UHF directly so you would need to purchase the IR to UHF converter kit, which we no longer sell directly. The satellite signal cannot be splt, but the video signal can.

If I do an HDMI splitter can I get HD at both TV's? And can I watch both TV's at the same time and it will have to be same channel.

If I do an HDMI splitter can I get HD at both TV's? And can I watch both TV's at the same time and it will have to be same channel.
Yes & Yes. Or you can connect component cables (red/green/blue) for video and analog (red/white) cables or optical/toslink cable for audio from the receiver to the TV in the living room. You could get these Amazon product ASIN B00023KG40 to control the receiver via IR from the bedroom.
Yer welcome......

Ed

Last edited:
The IR is pretty strong. I can control the 211K in my 5th wheel's livingroom from the bedroom just by pointing the remote down the hallway. I'd try something similar before forking out money for an extender. Obviously won't work through a closed door.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts