Dish 50.0 (Voice remote)

UPDATE ON FEATURES:
Okay, so I have played with it for about a week. The voice part is cooler than I thought at first. For example; if I say "NBC" or "Discovery" it will change to that channel. "settings" opens settings. "Green Bay Packers" opens up Dish sports and shows info on the pack! (Or whatever team you ask for). "Fast forward" of course FF (although I am not sure why you wouldn't simply press the FF button. One of the buttons on the right side is a short cut button. It is defaulted as a record button (which is a great addition since the 52.0 doesn't have one). I haven't figured out how to change this shortcut to something else. Anyways, still playing and will keep you updated.

Reactions: spoiler1041
UPDATE ON FEATURES:
Okay, so I have played with it for about a week. The voice part is cooler than I thought at first. For example; if I say "NBC" or "Discovery" it will change to that channel. "settings" opens settings. "Green Bay Packers" opens up Dish sports and shows info on the pack! (Or whatever team you ask for). "Fast forward" of course FF (although I am not sure why you wouldn't simply press the FF button. One of the buttons on the right side is a short cut button. It is defaulted as a record button (which is a great addition since the 52.0 doesn't have one). I haven't figured out how to change this shortcut to something else. Anyways, still playing and will keep you updated.
Is it ff or a 30 second jump? If it's ff that would be cool because ff actually is a press and hold I hate dual functions.

UPDATE ON FEATURES:
What does it do when you say closed caption?

Perhaps you have to say "Skip Commercial" to eliminate pressing skip forward 30 seconds repeatedly in order to get around the commercials! LOL
Is it ff or a 30 second jump? If it's ff that would be cool because ff actually is a press and hold I hate dual functions.
Fast forward is FF. If I ask it to "skip ahead" or "skip commercial" I get "No results found".

Is the H3 supposed to turn off the TV as well via CEC?
If tv is connected directly to hopper sure. Using a avr in between i'm not sure. I have tv and avr linked not H3.

Looks like the TV is the central controler so I guess dish to avr to tv is no good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)