Dish 500 pro plus with legacy receivers

skoot

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
milwaukee
Hay, Im new here. Ive been running in to conflicting info. Im going to upgrade my dish 300 to a dish 500 pro plus, but for now Im keeping my old legacy receivers for now. Some sites say I need a pro adapter others say I dont. Whats up? Also Im thinking of getting a DVR 625, could split the cable coming out to the 2nd tv and have it go to a 3rd.

From what I remember is you done need an adapter but you do need one DishPro receiver hooked up to make it work

If you get the 625, you use the separator (not a splitter....looks like it but its a Dish separator) to hook up the 625 from one line and then use the Legacy receiver for the other port

The separator allows you to use one line from the LNB to go to both tuners of the 625

The Dish Pro Plus Twin does not require a Dish Pro Adapter on Legacy receivers but the power supply on Legacy receivers weren't designed for the draw of the Dish Pro Plus. To avoid burning out those old Legacy receivers it is advised 1 DP receiver be part of the system, yes a 625 would meet that requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts