Dish 500 Receiver 311

hcool1980

Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
New Jersey
I have 2 dish 500. One dish set up at 61.5 and another on 119. I can watch all international channels but I couln't watch any english channels. I have receiver 311. Is there a problem with receiver?

I have 2 dish 500. One dish set up at 61.5 and another on 119. I can watch all international channels but I couln't watch any english channels. I have receiver 311. Is there a problem with receiver?
61.5 is not a good satellite for a 311 receiver. This is an Eastern Arc satellite and most programming is on MPEG4 and the 311 cannot read those signals. About the only programming in MPEG2 on the 61.5 is the international channels which we are in the process of moving off this satellite. Best satellites for you would be 119 &110. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

AS I say One is set up at 61.5 (indian channels) and another at 119. I can see some basic english channels but I can't watch all the english channels. I bought 120 channel package.

AS I say One is set up at 61.5 (indian channels) and another at 119. I can see some basic english channels but I can't watch all the english channels. I bought 120 channel package.
Yes, the English Channels for the AT120 package come from the 119 & 110 satellites. You are missing a satellite orbital. Was it set-up this way? If you would like to PM your account information, I can see what we can do to get you on the 110 satellite as well for the rest of the English channels. Just let me know!

The dish aimed more westerly should have 2 "eyes" on it for 110 and 119.

Run checkswitch and see which satellites the receiver sees. Menu, 6, 1, 1, up arrow, enter.

You should see 110, 119 and 61.5.

If not call dish and have them repair your setup.

I run checkswitch I am getting 61.5 and 119. I can watch channels 2,4,5,7,9,11,13,31,41,66,71,72,81,83,84 etc.......but I can't USA, HG tv etc.>>...

I am sure that it's dish 500. Do you think I should put another LNB on or I have to get Dishpro Twin LNBF

Is the dish tilted?There is a skew adjustment on the back of the dish if its setting is 0 then all you would need to do is get the correct skew setting.Also be sure to check your elevation.Don't think lnb is the issue.

For a correct setup you should have a DISH 500 PLUS it will get 110/119 & 118.7 this will give you the internationals and the AT120 packages.

The internationals on 61.5 are going to move to 118.7 so you may loose those channels at any time.

The 120 package needs to receiver signals from both 110 and 119 for you to get all the channels you are paying for. Contact a DIRT team member with your telephone number/account number and they can help you get the correct equipment at a reasonable price.

Sorry.... Forgot he said he had a 311.:eek: I was getting ahead of myself because he said he's from NJ so I'd figure he would need to switch to EA and get a MPEG-4 receiver.

The reflector may well be a D500, but does the lnb have two "eyes". If not, you need to get the proper lnb for that dish which would be a DP twin pointed at 110 and 119.

If that dish already has two "eyes", one of the lnb's or the internal switch may have failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)