Dish 522 Reception Problem - Sat 119

Is there any way, in the future, for me to try moving it myself? Or is that not recommended?

Do trees really cause that much interferance? At my last apartment, the dish was on the bottom of my balcony, pointed straight at concrete and worked flawlessly.

Manu Narayan said:
Is there any way, in the future, for me to try moving it myself? Or is that not recommended?

Do trees really cause that much interferance? At my last apartment, the dish was on the bottom of my balcony, pointed straight at concrete and worked flawlessly.
Trust me - it was NOT pointed into concrete. The birds are actually 22.5 degrees higher than where the pan is pointing. And yes, trees - even a single branch - WILL block the signal.

As for doing it yourself, I can't make that decision - some people can do it like a pro the first time, others never get the knack.

As for why it moved - who knows? One thing I like to do when I can is stop by a new install on the next day and re-check signal levels after the overnight temperature cycle. It also gives a new customer a chance to hit me with questions, and gives ME the chance to remind them to refer their friends. :) Hey DNSC - let's see YOU provide that level of service, eh?

Oops...

Almost anything can interfere with the signal. I noticed last week there were some spider webs and bird guano on the dish, so I thought it would be a bright idea to jet-blast it with some water from my pool sweeper so I didn't have to climb up there. It worked! But when I went inside later to view some shows, I saw two recordings had been briefly interrupted and pixellated like mad for a few seconds. Well, duh... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts