Dish 61.5 and VOOM from the same Dish

rudolpht,

At this early stage of V* it is not clear what type of switch you will need to get even two V* receivers. Right now, everyone is being installed with one receiver only. After 2/04 V* will start taking order for two receivers; this is not a confirmation but it is what I heard. :)

I want to refine my previous statement. It is possible to get two receivers installed (I just ordered last night). It is also possible to get the E* satellite at 61.5 and separate the signal to both the 6000 receiver and the V* receiver. Somebody at AVS is already doing it. rudolpht, I saw your comment that you will be doing this. I will not be doing this since I do not want to mess with the 61.5 dish I already have. After you do it, give us some insight how it went. When is your installation date?

Will do. A 4th sat dish would be a marriage breaker, even though my DirecTV dish will go dormant soon.

I'm going need to invest in barrel connectors....

Tim

61.5 with DLNB, 1 line to Voom & 1 Line to Dish (Dish 5000) works GREAT. Happy to be a Voomer!!!

I think that the answer to this is no, but I am going to ask anyway.

I currently have Dish with the dish500 and a side dish pointing to 61.5 cascaded through sw21's.

Is there any way for me to 'split off' the 61.5 antenna to the VOOM box without running another wire? I do not mind if I can't use it on Dish anymore as there is only one or two channels on that anyway.

Mark

lizard20022000 said:
I think that the answer to this is no, but I am going to ask anyway.

I currently have Dish with the dish500 and a side dish pointing to 61.5 cascaded through sw21's.

Is there any way for me to 'split off' the 61.5 antenna to the VOOM box without running another wire? I do not mind if I can't use it on Dish anymore as there is only one or two channels on that anyway.

Mark

I do not think the E* switches will work with the VOOM receiver (I maybe wrong?). Are you already using both outputs of the Dual LNB? If you are your best bet will be to put up another Dish.

Use one of the two lines out of the 61.5 DLNB, it works fine, then you can use the other line for one other dish receiver. The hard part would be running only one line for dish into a SW64 (which would require two.

Don't get too experimental. I tried to take both outs through a conventional powered switch (which would have worked fine for say DirercTV and Voom) and take two of the 4 outputs to a SW64. Cut to the quick it fried the SW64, and I hate to buy another one.

Tim

Well I am off and vooming. We tried to use the dish sat, but ended up having problems, and installed the voom dish. I think that the problem was not due to the dish, but the adjustment of it. I was getting about a high 80 low 90s signal on the dish, after installing the voom dish and tuning it, my dish signal is in the mid to high 90s.

My voom signal is in the low 50s. I think the voom sat needs to be adjusted significantly more acurately than the diish sat.

I think you are probably peaked on both. I get mid-90s for Dish and mid 30s for Voom off the same dish. The issue is that the two services use completely different indices. You should be pretty happy in the 50s as it probably equates to 100+ on Dish.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts