Dish 622 3.63 Release Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey Rob

Good catch but I tried that right away. I do use vivid for the HD TV and the xbox as it really makes a difference.
But this is different as for months it was just beautiful. Madden looked like real football almost.

I even tried the other component input to no avail

I hope they add add support for hdmi and word is they are going to as they have the 200 buck HD drive coming out soon

But it's actually messed up textures as much as they are dark. 480p is ok but as soon as you go to 720 or 1080i it's terrible when you hit a shaded area.
And forget about going inside a building.

A few games you can correct the gamma and crank it up but that's not the real fix. Battlefield 2 does not even let you adjust the gamma so I have to run it at 480p.

No one will take the blame and the TV in HD using HDMI or component looks fine, except for the xbox. It's almost like macrovision except it does not flash. The only thing I didn't try was a virgin xbox that had not had the firmware updated. The one they swapped out with me already was pretty current as it has the latest dashboard. I really want to this it was one of their updates that hosed it but when I asked them to test it they said they can't because they DIDNT HAVE ANY HDTVs!!, lol

Go figure that the tech staff did not have one to run a 2 min test on a game to reproduce what I am seeing, pretty pathetic
I even tried the xbox forums to get anyone to spend 5 mins to see if they reproduce it. You can even use the free demos to test the visual issues I am seeing

I have not given up yet. I can add that I went to the store where they have a xbox kiosk and I could make it darker on THEIR machine and the samsung LCD they use for demoing and guess what, it was DARKER also but not to to extent of what I was seeing.
So the fact that the LCD that M$ uses all over the world to display the games tells me it's not the TV but their HD output!

and I read a 'it's a xbox vs sony' deal as the ps3 is competition....and ya know who knows!

I found a small issue they also fixed with this release.

When you press the # button to go to the main Search menu, the sound and picture used to go off. Now the sound stays on.

Lost OTA program guide info

Since L3.63 I have lost OTA program guide info. I hoped it would come back in a few days, but its been almost a week.

Anyone else have this happen?

TV Entertainment finally working!

Came home from work and the TV Entertainment button was finally live on my 622; it had four shows, the summary episodes of Gray's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Lost, AND the pilot of Friday Night Lights.

I clicked on Friday Night Lights; SD, as I expected, but the PQ was actually pretty good. Better than what I normally see on most of the SD channels. I wonder if it is MPEG4 or MPEG2.

The only thing I didn't like was that the DELETE button was in the software, BUT it was grayed.

But I still think I'll wait to watch it in HD next week....

Alas, still not OTA program guide data, and yet another freeze of the unit last night.

rockymtnhigh said:
I clicked on Friday Night Lights; SD, as I expected, but the PQ was actually pretty good. Better than what I normally see on most of the SD channels. I wonder if it is MPEG4 or MPEG2.

There in Mpeg2. they intend to send these to 625's as well (not sure if they have yet).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Remember everyone asking what the ethernet port on back was for? Also remember the letters VIP do not mean your a very important person. :D
I made that assumption ... my ethernet is hooked up but is dark, I am on the L325 software though ... when do I get the new stuff?

tigershere said:
...At 720 pr 1080i now shadow areas in games are way too dark, textures suck
Drop it to 480p and it's decent but something has changed...
You sound like a perfect candidate for SypderTV. I won one at the CEDIA party ... of all the sets I have done ... the 30" Phillips 16:9 looks the best. CRT's rock ...

Well, my Sony is considered the brand that all other tvs are compared to. At least at CNET it's what they judge the plasmas, LCDS, etc to give the rating.

It's something since I got the TV in the game or the TV.

What's odd is the TV looks perfect via the satellite signal. It's just these xbox component inputs that started looking 'off' in HD mode.

Might be time to get that 2 year warranty put to use but I doubt anyone near me can work on it and there is no damn way to move that sucker, lol

I might start looking for the LCD that microsoft uses at demos in the 20x inch size and use it just for gaming

slacker9876 said:
I made that assumption ... my ethernet is hooked up but is dark, I am on the L325 software though ... when do I get the new stuff?

Are you sure you are on 325? And not 365? When you hit DVR is there a TV Entertainment button? And go to MENU, Setup (6), Diagnostics (3), and then select Counters. Page down to #11, previous software. It will tell you what the previous one was. Probaly 363. OR just go to System Info and it will tell you what software you have (D'Oh! - but I usually use the counters, for some silly reason).

If your tv enterainment button is there but greyed out, make sure you power off the sat at night, so it can download. Just hit Sat Power, and it will go to the screen saver screen. It will still record any programs, but will also download stuff when needed.

Positive ... I didn't look until I started reading this thread. I'd look now but we are watching L&O CI on the TiVo. But I am certain ... is the ethernet hot now?!?! If it is, I'll have a whole new world of entertainment!!!

Too funny ... this morning when I went to look ... I had the update and the ethernet was hot. Power is all it has though, I have thrown everything I have at it and cannot locate a port or service that is active, I am soooo sad.

What do you mean "the ethernet was hot" ?? Do you mean if you plug it into a router, for example, the router light lights up indicating a connection ?? That just means the ethernet port on the 622 has "power", i.e. "hot ??". It does NOT mean that networking is enabled on the operating system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)