Dish 622/722 L6.15 Issues Thread

I got L6.15 on my 622 on Dec 28th. I now got receiver crashes followed by a reset every few hours. I almost never got a reset before 6.15. The average temperature is 112.

I tried several resets (power button) without success.

My configuration is:

4 dishes (110,119,129,148) with a dp44 switch.
TV1 thru a hdmi-> DVI cable for video + optical one for audio.
TV2 thru 3 RCA (audios + video)

Both of you should try a power cord pull (when not recording).

The only time that I had problems after an update, which were not shared by other users, they were cured by a power cord pull...

Both of you should try a power cord pull (when not recording).

The only time that I had problems after an update, which were not shared by other users, they were cured by a power cord pull...

Did that 4 or 5 days ago. Still had a self-reboot this past Wednesday morning. Since that self-reboot it's been stable, but I'm keeping an eye on the counters...

I've been having more frequent self-reboots of my 622 since L615 arrived. Prior to L615, it rarely rebooted...maybe once or twice a month. Since L615, 4 times in one week...

Mine rebooted two hours ago. I don't think I've ever seen it reboot for no reason before.

Those of you having re-boot issues, have you recently installed the new smart card? I never had problems with either of my 622s before the smart card upgrade. One of them is fine, but the other started with a random re-boot every other day or so for the first week, then I had a rapid increase within two days to every couple of hours. Finally it wouldn't even make it through a re-boot before re-booting again. Got a replacement from Dish (actually they gave me a 722!) and every thing has been fine for the past month.

Those of you having re-boot issues, have you recently installed the new smart card? I never had problems with either of my 622s before the smart card upgrade. One of them is fine, but the other started with a random re-boot every other day or so for the first week, then I had a rapid increase within two days to every couple of hours. Finally it wouldn't even make it through a re-boot before re-booting again. Got a replacement from Dish (actually they gave me a 722!) and every thing has been fine for the past month.

No new smart cards here and both a 622 and a 722 rebooted today for no reason both have L6.15.

Very strange new issue here:

At certain times (yesterday was one of those times), my signal keeps saying that it has disappeared (the standard "aquiring signal" box pops up over a black, silent screen.)

It looks just like it would look if there was a big storm or something knocking the signal out of alignment, but if I hit "guide" then the signal magically comes back. I've got a full-strength signal from all sats at my location. When I'm experiencing this problem, it will say "aquiring signal" pretty much every few minutes for hours at a time, and then suddenly it will stop. Every time it happens, if I hit "guide" it will "fix" itself instantly.

It also affects me even if I'm watching a DVR event. It will pop up with 'aquiring signal' from a DVR event! The only way I've found to stop it completely is to switch the tuner to an OTA channel. Then I can watch OTA or I can watch something from the DVR just fine.

DVR events scheduled to record when all of this is going on seem to keep recording just fine.

This is an issue I just started noticing last month.

Very strange new issue here:

At certain times (yesterday was one of those times), my signal keeps saying that it has disappeared (the standard "aquiring signal" box pops up over a black, silent screen.)

It looks just like it would look if there was a big storm or something knocking the signal out of alignment, but if I hit "guide" then the signal magically comes back. I've got a full-strength signal from all sats at my location. When I'm experiencing this problem, it will say "aquiring signal" pretty much every few minutes for hours at a time, and then suddenly it will stop. Every time it happens, if I hit "guide" it will "fix" itself instantly.

It also affects me even if I'm watching a DVR event. It will pop up with 'aquiring signal' from a DVR event! The only way I've found to stop it completely is to switch the tuner to an OTA channel. Then I can watch OTA or I can watch something from the DVR just fine.

DVR events scheduled to record when all of this is going on seem to keep recording just fine.

This is an issue I just started noticing last month.

I had this issue (before 6.15) whilst i had OTA connected, when i stopped using OTA, disconnected the cable, it stopped happening.

I think it was because my OTA signal would drop out, Im on the fringe for some OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)