Dish 622/722 L6.15 Issues Thread

After using L615 a few days now, I have more issues than previously thought with recorded material.
While the audio drops have improved on Fox and ABC, they were made MUCH worse on both CBS and NBC HD 1080i. Not only that, a "skip" has been introduced where the stream will freeze and sometimes pixellate. Sometimes it will then skip 5 to 10 seconds ahead, or sometimes just stop and not recover requiring you to exit the recorded program. This situation happens on SAT CBS and NBC HD channels, and on both my 622 and 722.
I have seen this one as well in Northern California.

After the first couple of days since the L615 update, the picture went to some different resolution, like 480 or 720. Tech support says I need a new receiver. This will be the 4th one.

After using L615 a few days now, I have more issues than previously thought with recorded material.
While the audio drops have improved on Fox and ABC, they were made MUCH worse on both CBS and NBC HD 1080i. Not only that, a "skip" has been introduced where the stream will freeze and sometimes pixellate. Sometimes it will then skip 5 to 10 seconds ahead, or sometimes just stop and not recover requiring you to exit the recorded program. This situation happens on SAT CBS and NBC HD channels, and on both my 622 and 722.

I am having that same problem.

WD mybook

Crap. That sucks. I've been hoping and hoping for a sleep mode fix for quite a while now. Currently I have my EHD plugged into an outlet in my house that is driven by a light switch. When I want to watch a show on the EHD, I go over and flick off the switch for a minute then back on to reboot the drive and refresh the connection. It works, but it's hokey, kind of like patching a car tire with duct tape.

I've been suspecting this update would not actually fix the sleep mode problem. The only person at Dish that we heard about this fix from in the first place was that woman in the tech chat, and the way she answered didn't instill great confidence. She didn't sound totally sure.

Well, I suppose I'll just bite the bullet and disable sleep mode on the drive. I'm worried it will burn out the drive, but it seems to be my only option.

Buy WD Mybook. I have 5 of these 3 500's 1 750 and 1 Tb drives all perform flawlessly

After the first couple of days since the L615 update, the picture went to some different resolution, like 480 or 720. Tech support says I need a new receiver. This will be the 4th one.
This problem was fixed by using the Format button on the remote. The tech didn't know that - now I get to send back another perfectly good 722.

Ever since my 622 took the L6.15 download, my HDMI connection stopped working.

However, after I reboot the recceiver (by pressing and holding the power button, the HDMI connection will work)

My personal experience is that the Auto-Tune problem only happens when the receiver is off ("standby").

In other words, when the receiver is off, an Auto-Tune event will turn on the receiver, but will not change the channel.

When the receiver is on, then Auto-Tune events work normally.

I have 2 622's. The one with the phone line has L615. The remote one still has L614. The caller ID stopped working on the remote one. In Dish Comm menu it seems I have to do the test every day on both of them to get them to see each other. I even got an on screen message saying to plug a phone line in or get charged an extra $5. They changed "Add" to "Scan" with L615. It worked and found the other receiver but lost it the next day till I did the scan again. This was working perfectly when both receivers had L614 and now it only works sometimes.

I'm having the same issue with Dish Comm. The units were communicating just fine before and now with L615 they keep loosing the ability to communicate with each other.

I am getting sick and tired of these "audio dropout" issues!

When can I get this L6.15 software update? I live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area. I especially get the "audio dropout" issue with ABC and Fox when I playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR.

Is the problem with my VIP722 HD receiver or is it the local ABC and Fox affiliates and their equipment? Problem with upgrading their equipment? That is THE big question.

I can playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR of ALL other channels except for ABC and Fox. There's nothing wrong with the wiring in my house or my HDMI cables or my Onkyo SR604 audio receiver! The technicians who have come out to the house are blaming the problem on my audio equipment. Are they doing this on purpose or are the top level engineers at Dish Network just refusing to tell them "the real problem" for some reason? We've replaced 2 VIP622 boxes and just got a new VIP722 box! Still I have the "audio dropout" issues with ABC and Fox.

Why would these problems be occuring only on TWO channels? If it was the wiring or my audio receiver wouldn't it be happening on ALL the channels?

Anyway, people on the internet with the VIP722 are saying that this L6.15 update might fix the audio dropouts. I would at least like to be able to TRY the L6.15 software .... IF I could manage to get it onto my VIP722 box. Anyone in the Raleigh, NC area with a VIP622 or VIP722 box able to get L6.15?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. This issue is driving me nuts. :mad: !sadroll

Last edited:
Dudeman,

Welcome. Please read the first post. This thread is not for asking when can I get 6.15, etc. This thread is for E* engineering to monitor those who do have 6.15 and are experiencing issues.

S~

All recordings gone

I apparently received 615 last night only to wake up and find ALL OF MY RECORDINGS GONE, even ones that I had marked protected that have been on my 622 for a year or more. I looked in the history and see nothing of them being deleted so it must been from the update. Not a happy camper about this one. I had yet to watch all of the CSI's that I had been waiting to watch.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I apparently received 615 last night only to wake up and find ALL OF MY RECORDINGS GONE, even ones that I had marked protected that have been on my 622 for a year or more. I looked in the history and see nothing of them being deleted so it must been from the update. Not a happy camper about this one. I had yet to watch all of the CSI's that I had been waiting to watch.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sometimes that is just a glitch - unplug your receiver for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in, and then check the list of recordings.

PS For years, it occasionally happens that the process of updating the software will cause existing hard drive corruption in a DVR to suddenly manifest and wipe the recordings. It has happened to me, so I am not trying to be unsympathetic. But it is similar hard drive corruption as what can happen on PC drives.

You might want to consider adding a storage drive for your sacred possessions. Like you I lost all my recordings several months ago when the receiver (722) had a problem and had to be replaced. Had my most treasured recordings been on the EHD (as they are now) I would not have been upset.

I too am having issues with my phone line and dishcomm after my 622 was upgraded to 615. The caller ID is no longer working on the box connected to the phone line. I ran a 50ft phoneline to my other 622 (also with L615) and it appears to be working. Unfortunately I can not locate this box closer to a phoneline and refuse to have a 50ft cord attached to it. I really do miss the caller ID and will be livid if they attempt to charge me for the lack of a phone connection. I also noticed that the ethernet port is inactive on the bad receiver. They really gummed this one up.

If I connect the phoneline to the working box and rescan for dishcomm I am able to see the caller ID on the defective box but no matter how many times I test the system it shows that the ethernet and phone connections are dead. It also looks like I have to scan the dishcomm on a daily basis.

Dudeman,

Welcome. Please read the first post. This thread is not for asking when can I get 6.15, etc. This thread is for E* engineering to monitor those who do have 6.15 and are experiencing issues.

S~
So how do we receive it (L6.15) if we haven't already? Is L615 in general release or just in wide beta? Does it address the loss of lock/synch some have reported after rain fade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts