Dish 622 - $99 Upgrade Details

Answer #1: It would cost you a $299 upfront lease charge for the 622, $49 for the 211.

Answer #2: The HD Platinum package includes all of the AEP channels plus the HD package. This cost $99.99/month, or $104.99/month with locals. It also waives all DVR fees.

Answer #3: Your dish(es) will be upgraded to whatever is necessary to receive all of your programming. In your case they would install a D1000. The D1000 plus any LNBs plus switches needed to complete your installation are included in the upfront lease charges of $299 and $49.

You could elect to trade in the 811 for a $25 credit, but you could get more for it if you sold it on eBay.

I think its about time for me to switch to DirecTv. I got a lot of recorded shows on my 721 and tuner 1 failed. This makes the second time that has happened on a 721 and will make my third failed 721. If they do not give me an owned 622 as a replacement for all this hassle and losing my shows I think I will go to DirecTv if they can give me a good enough offer.

Dish might replace the 721 (assume it is still under the warranty) with the 625. I had one of my 921 daed and Dish replaced with 942. I won't think Dish will replace a non-HD DVR with HD DVR.......

Thanks guys. That's great information. I guess I was confused when looking at the new programming packages. I think after looking it over for a while, it seems to make more sense now.

I guess I'll be off to order the stuff on the phone now. That $25 is a bit of a slap in the face, but the idea of getting $100 or so for it on ebay doesn't sound too bad at all. Something that would take a bite out of that $350 for new equipment. I've got to tell you that having a DVR is sounding really appealing.

Once again, thanks!

Chris

Yeah, that is what I am thinking. The 721 is a peice of crap. They only work for about a year or a year and a half then they crap out. I have never had any issues with a 625. I just dont want to pay the DVR fee with the 625. If I am going to have to pay a DVR fee then it had better be a darn good receiver with more storage like the 622. I could just sell the 721 when I get the replacement and buy a 622 but I do not think I would get that much out of the 721 now. I sure better get something for not being able to watch all those movies I recorded or I will see this as a time to change service providers. I hope DirecTv DVR's do not have this bad of reliability. Between the audit department fiasco and poor DVR reliability its just a nuisance. I'm glad I have the warranty.

Just as an update, when I called, I talked to a guy named David. He was very helpful, although the experience as a whole left me scratching my head.

I was told that I could not do both the upgrade to the 622 and the 211 at the same time. I would have to pick one, then when it was done, call and do the other. I explained that this didn't make much sense, since not only would Dishnetwork have to schedule two different times to send out a technician (inefficient), but I would also have to likely take off from work two different times. He appologised, but claimed that they are shipping out so many HD units right now, that this was just the way it would have to go, and the computer wouldn't let him do it any other way. Well, okay. I'll do the 622 now for $299, then call back after it is hooked up, and order the 211 for $49. Whatever.

My scheduled install date for the 622 is the 24th. Do they ship these things to the installer (who brings it out), or ship it directly to me and I wait on the installer to show up and put it in?

Chris

Hi guys
I just wanted to check in and give an update.
I had to speak with a senior retainment person to have this authorized.
I have been given 2 622s, and 2 211s. Pricing was $500 for everything and included installation. Then I get the rebates, but will most likely sell my old stuff on ebay.
The install was scheduled on last Thursday to occur yesterday. 2 guys came over, who were both extremely knowledgeable and efficient. 2.5 hours later, all 4 receivers were up and running.

Thank you Dish Network!!

Gregg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)