Dish 622 - $99 Upgrade Details

I received my 622 today. It was left at my door with my doormat covering it up. I ordered it last Wednesday so it only took 1 week to get. I still haven't received a box to ship the 942 back to them.

I have an appt. set up for April 29th. I will try to activate the receiver on my own tomorrow.

Called up today, very easy and the CSR knew what he was talking about. Told me that with my set up I can do the install my self and then cancel the work order. :)

Not required to return remote with reciever?

Something I thought strange. I couldn't find anything in the receiver return instructions that said to send the remote with the receiver.
The return packaging does not seem to include packaging for the remote.
Nothing in the included instructions indicates that we would forfeit the $200 rebate if the remote did not come back with the receiver.
Are we supposed (allowed) to keep the Pro UHF remote?

Question on 622 install Monday

I have a question on my install tomorrow. I currently have 61.5 (for NYC distant locals and CBS HD), 61.5 for locals and 110/119. I would like to continue with that setup for now. My question is, can I have the installer install the super dish, but not hook up the 129. I would like to have 129 for future use should I no longer need 61.5. I suspect that there will be some programming on 129 in the future that I might like down the line that is will not be available on 61.5.

There's an upgrade option for those of us who are 942 owners? Other than the one where we have to send them back our machine and in return they send us a 622 we don't own?

Rod
"sker66"

David Dietzel said:
Nice to see an upgrade option is in the works for those who prefer to own.

With all the change occuring in the HD arena, my position is that is makes sense to lease equipment for the next few years.

The Dish 942 and 622 are so vastly superior in features, quality and stability than the HD-DVR units offered by the cable company in my area that I actually wouldn't mind owning the Dish products.

Once the industry "settles down" ( perhaps two or three years) I'll probably buy, rather than lease, a "Dish 666 All Powerful Dual Core Self Aware Turbo Deluxe", or whatever they call their HD-DVR at that time.

Re

Order today and they stated I had to get the new dish 1000 installed and they set date for May 4th.. do I need the new dish 1000?
I also was not to happy that I can not pay for my package:mad: for the whole year like I was doing but has to be by the month. anyone paying by the year or is by the month the only way? I like just to get it all paid up front.

Thanks

hdaddikt said:
I got a $25 credit for trading in an 811 and 510 for a 622. For whatever that's worth...25 bucks I guess. :rolleyes:

If they were not leased units, you could have gotten four times that on eBay.

ironleg said:
Order today and they stated I had to get the new dish 1000 installed and they set date for May 4th.. do I need the new dish 1000?
I also was not to happy that I can not pay for my package:mad: for the whole year like I was doing but has to be by the month. anyone paying by the year or is by the month the only way? I like just to get it all paid up front.

Thanks
Depends where you are, but you will need 61.5 or 129 sats to get the full HD channels. D1000 does 110/119/129 but you can install a second dish also instead of the d1000 to get 61.5/129

This thread talks about the annual payment options http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63700

Jim5506 said:
If they were not leased units, you could have gotten four times that on eBay.

You don't know that!

You should not make assumptions without having all the facts.

It will vary for anyone depending how long they keep they receiver. Buying it and then upgrading too soon can mean a loss of money. If you plan to keep a receiver less than 2 years, you could easily come out ahead by leasing and not putting out a lot of money up front.

Last edited:
Well I got my 622 to replace my 942 last night. Get it hooked it up. All tests ok and I call tech support to activate. Well after an hour they said they couldn’t do it. Something like they cannot get it through the computer and not allowed.. So I said I said you have to send a tech out for nothing and he said yes that’s about it...

patrickpiteo said:
Well I got my 622 to replace my 942 last night. Get it hooked it up. All tests ok and I call tech support to activate. Well after an hour they said they couldn’t do it. Something like they cannot get it through the computer and not allowed.. So I said I said you have to send a tech out for nothing and he said yes that’s about it...
Call back. It took me 2 tries before someone would activate my 622 without a service call.

dont24 said:
Call back. It took me 2 tries before someone would activate my 622 without a service call.
I did the second time the guy was nice but got the same E* speak. I told him so Dish just wants to throw money away on a service call for nothing.. He said I was right but could not get the codes to activate.

What a bunch of idiots.. He said there was something special the tech needs to do. I just laughed at him.. aholes...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a load of crap. As soon as my 622 showed up, I decided I was not going to wait until may 19 to hook the thing up. I plugged it all in and made the phone call. The lady was actually kinda rude but I got it activated and she wasn't rude about that.

Are you guys using the special forum number to activate or just the regular dish number?

I ordered my 622 on 4/25 and received it on 5/2. My installation is scheduled for 5/27. Either I got lucky or the 622's are no longer in short supply. As soon as I watch all my recorded HD programs on my 921 I'll try to get the 622 activated.

5/12 revision: I activated my 622 5/6 using the regular Dish number and selecting the "Activation" option. The guy I talked to was very knowledgable and had no problem activating my 622. So far I am very pleased with my 622.

Last edited:
Hi All

I called the 888 # and talked with a moron. I then asked to speak with a retainment person that was knowledgeable. Her ID was 5IX.

Basically, I wanted to keep my 921, install a 622, and change out 2 811s for 211 receivers. They wanted to charge me $347.95 to do this and then bill me $157.96 a month with only a 18 month commitment.

I have been a Dish customer for more than 5 years.

This "Dish Up" promotion did not sit well with me and I just cancelled my Dish account.

Gregg Loewen
www.lionav.com
Video Consultant and ISF Instructor

Question about upgrade.

History: I have been an E* customer since Primestar was purchased by DirecTV and I didn't like the crappy way their folks dealt with Primestar customers and the transition. That was back in 1999, so that's like 7 years of being a customer. At least 5 of those years, I've had the America's Everything Pak. We were on the rental program. Two plus years ago, I decided to purchase the 811, and still rent the other 4900 reciever, and add the HD pak to the AEP.

Question #1: If I would like to upgrade to a 622 and a 211 reciever, what can I expect to pay in upgrade fees?

Question #2: Regarding programming, what would give me all the channels that I have with the AEP and HD Pak, and give me access to the newer HD channels as well? What should the price delta be on that versus the AEP and HD Pak I currently have?

Question #3: Last one (for now), I promise. I'm not sure which dish I have, as it wasn't upgraded when I did the 811. I think it's a dish 500, but not sure. Any writing on it has faded or warn off. Will I need to upgrade this as well, and will there be a cost associated to it or will they do this automatic along with new switches?

Thanks for any and all help guys. I haven't read any information from here in over a year, and I can tell that I should've kept myself more up-to-date than I have. Shame on me.

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts