Dish 622 L4.06 Software Release Notes

It's been awhile since we got release note on Dish Network software, but I am happy to say here they are again. :)

L406 Release Notes

MPEG 4/MPEG 2 DVR improvements

015 (Acquiring Satellite Signal) pop up improvements
I have noticed some playback improvements.

For example, before 406, if you rewound using 300x, then it did not go all the way to the beginning - now it does.

But, I do not see any difference in the "015" Acquiring Satellite Signal screen at all. :confused:

Closed Captioning Fixes

Any chance that that is Closed Captions in HD programming ??

4.09 has been better with playback, but I have lost guide data each day during the evening. For some reason the guide disappears, all that is available is the program/next info. The unit reboots in the morning and reads the guide and it stays on during the day.

I called this in to Dish. The tech guy said they are getting a lot of 4.09 problems and a new version is about to be released.

I still dont get how there are 3 different versions out and I still have 4.05. How stupid?

Why is it stupid? If there a problems with the software, wouldn't you rather 250 622's get the update instead of 100,000+. E* get many calls if things don't go smoothly and it's much easier to manage if only a few get it at first.

Why is it stupid? If there a problems with the software, wouldn't you rather 250 622's get the update instead of 100,000+. E* get many calls if things don't go smoothly and it's much easier to manage if only a few get it at first.

Agreed.

4.05 was a full release.

4.06 was only to a few including me so they could see how it acted. It better than releasing it to everyone.

4.09 includes most of 4.06 that has been tested. They are just being careful.
No reason in getting mad about it, there is no way to force it, you just have to wait.

I got 4.06 yesterday on one of my 2 622's. I think I found a glitch. I went to the diagnostics menu and "phone connection". Tried the dial out or connection test, whatever its called, and got a "phone line busy, try again later" message. The phone line was not busy and the other 622 with 4.05 worked ok.

I got 4.06 yesterday on one of my 2 622's. I think I found a glitch.
Odd that you just rec'd it and more so considering it only was pushed to a limited # of receivers. Was yours unplugged ?? Anyway, since they're already testing 4.09, they're probably aware of the issue you ran into.

Now that I think of it I should edit what I said. I went into the diagnostic area and saw previous SW 4.05 and assumed it was updated to 4.06. I never checked the info page to see if it was in fact 4.09 or not. If it is 4.09 then that has the phone line glitch, not 4.06.

I have lost my 9 day guide over and over with 4.09. This has only resulted in one lost programming event, but still I am glad it is summer and I am not losing recordings.

Kind odd they are jumping versions back and forth, but if this is right they are spooling more receivers for 4.06 tomorrow.

7/24/2007: Software Version L4.06 for Vip622

Effective Tuesday, July 24th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.06 for the VIP622 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.05, L4.06, L4.09 will be the valid software version for the VIP622.

L.406 update

What is the schedule for the L.406 software update. My 622 is still at 4.05 and I need the fix for OTA. Is this an aoutomatic updat eor do I need to do something to get it?
Thanks

What is the schedule for the L.406 software update. My 622 is still at 4.05 and I need the fix for OTA. Is this an aoutomatic updat eor do I need to do something to get it?
Thanks

Based on what I thought I saw P. Smith post, all 4.06 machines should have been targeted for 4.09. Some additional machines were also targeted for 4.09. But so far no farther updates to additional machines. I would guess based on the number range shown that about 25-33% of machines should have gotten 4.09.

Sotware version

Based on what I thought I saw P. Smith post, all 4.06 machines should have been targeted for 4.09. Some additional machines were also targeted for 4.09. But so far no farther updates to additional machines. I would guess based on the number range shown that about 25-33% of machines should have gotten 4.09.

But mine is 4.05. Not 4.06.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)