Dish 622 now shipping from DishStore.NET & Dish Depot!

I bought 2 from depot and Mark did $640ea. The other deceiding factor---shipping is free. I had preorders with both, just went with whoever got them first.

masterdeals said:
I bought 2 from depot and Mark did $640ea. The other deceiding factor---shipping is free. I had preorders with both, just went with whoever got them first.

The only reason why shipping is FREE at Dish Depot is because they use a Decentrix website, and the website cannot properly calculate shipping totals when you go through checkout.

I know this, because we also have an account with Decentrix and use them strictly for their DISH Network content. For the actual store shopping cart, we use a different type of software from a company called OScommerce.

As a general rule in determining prices on some of the more competitive items we sell, we figure out the highest UPS ground shipping rate for a paticular item and subtract that off of what Dish Depot is charging with their "Free Shipping"

There are 2 advantages to this...

#1 You have the ability to Upgrade shipping at an additional cost

#2 The closer you live to us, the cheaper the shipping and the bigger the savings

Finally since we are centrally located in Detroit, we are generally 1-2 days faster for UPS ground service. With Dishstore its a maximum of 4 days UPS Ground. Dish Depot you could wait as long as 6 days. Florida is the only state DISH Depot ships faster than Dishstore, with parts of Southern Georgia and Southern Alabamba.

DISH Store UPS Shipping time in transit charts....
http://www.ups.com/using/services/servicemaps/maps25/map_0356.gif

DISH Depot UPS Shipping Time in Transit Charts
http://www.ups.com/using/services/servicemaps/maps25/map_0234.gif\

Now keep in mind UPS don't ship weekends so lets say you lived in California and placed an order on Monday at both DISHStore and DISH Depot. Both orders ship out Monday evening...

With Dishstore you order would arrive on Friday, which is 4 days later. With Dish Depot your order would arrive on Monday, which is 7 days!

Claude: I hope my statement didn't upset you leading to that response.

I prefer dishstore for a few reasons:

1: I'm in Michigan, it would be here the next day.
2: I like to support this site, as it is a great source of information, and your store does that leaps and bounds.

In the case of the 622s, I had orders with three places, and just went with whoever got them first.

Well, all I can say about my shipping experience with dishdepot is:

I had to call a few times to get tracking numbers.
Card was billed 4 days before receiver actually shipped.
Receiver took 5 days to get to Michigan from Florida.

IMO, not worth free shipping when dishstore will charge me minimally for the ground service and from dishstore, it's overnight to me. ALso, the order status updates via email are worth more to me than anything as I don't have to call in to get info or updates.

Now that I have actually experience someone other than dishstore, I won't make the mistake again.

SatinKzo said:
Card was billed 4 days before receiver actually shipped.

Thats one thing I do not believe in. I never charge credit cards for product we do not have in inventory. If we charge you, it ships the same day or the following morning.

One thing I should mention is that we are officially all caught up on Pre-orders. I got another large shippment coming in on Monday.

We emailed everyone on our pre-order list, and we are down to the last 12 people that need to contact us back to confirm their order.

Depending on how many of those pre-orders cancel, or do not contact me they will probably be sufficient inventory on hand on Tuesday where we will no longer need a pre-order wait list.

Claude Greiner said:
Depending on how many of those pre-orders cancel, or do not contact me they will probably be sufficient inventory on hand on Tuesday where we will no longer need a pre-order wait list.

Just what I have been waiting to hear. My 622 order (charge and ship) was placed with dishstore this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)