Dish 622 receiving antenia HDTV OTA with no subscription

chaingang

Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I just bought a new receiver HD/DVR 622 from dishnetwork and got screwed around and cancelled my installation. So now I have this receiver and was wondering if I could still use it for the DVR functions with my antenia for HDTV OTA without an access card or subscription.

nope.

Why did you cancel?

if you are really mad and resfuse to have dish, just re-sell the thing

I cancelled because I was promise only 23 HD channels for $29.99 from some foreigner working from his basement getting $109.00 for signing me up. Then to find out the package dont even exsist. They wanted to charge me 60.00 plus 345.00 for the receiver.

Sell the receiver ? to whom and without the card ? When I cancelled they said it might be a package coming soon so ill wait unless someones wants to buy for $345.00

The card is built into the receiver, you don't need an external card.

And try again if that's what happened because yes the HD only $29.99 package does exist.

Yup, there is a $29.99 HD only package.

Whoever told you there wasn't didn't know what he was talking about.

Although I am not sure you are able to subscribe to that if you lease the 622, since I think it's required that you subscribe to one of the DishHD packages(bronze or higher) if you are leasing the 622.

If you purchase the 622, you'll be able to subscribe to the HD only package.

Note: If you got the reciever for $299(or $349) then you are leasing it, and will have to return it to Dish Network if you do not sign up with them. If you do not return it, your credit card will be charged for the price of the reciever.

Last edited:
I spoke with 6 different people with dish network, 2 were account supervisors and they all said the only way I can get HD channels is for them to be added to there basic packages making them the bronze and gold type for $49.00, $59.00. They said no $29.99 HD package exsists. Im so confused......

chaingang said:
I spoke with 6 different people with dish network, 2 were account supervisors and they all said the only way I can get HD channels is for them to be added to there basic packages making them the bronze and gold type for $49.00, $59.00. They said no $29.99 HD package exsists. Im so confused......

Again:
1. If you LEASE this receiver, then min. package with HD is HD Bronze for $49.00.
2. If you OWN this receiver, then min. HD only package is 29.99

There is nothing to be confused about here.;)

Look here. There IS a $29.99 HD stand alone pkg. IF they let you subscribe to it, rather than a metallic package, it is because you are an owner, not a lessor. Since you apparently do not want to subscribe to a metallic package, I expect you would also be charged an HD Enabling Fee of $6, a DishPlayer DVR Fee $5.98, and a Service Access Fee of $6. And if you do not have it plugged into a phone line, a Dual Tuner Fee $5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)