MAX not working with Dish subscription

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Trying to activate the new MAX app on my Roku and I login with my DISH subscription but then it asks me to “renew my subscription”. In the settings it says I don’t have a subscription. Same thing when signing in on my iPhone.

Anyone else seeing this? First day problems, I know…

UPDATE: okay, so I was able to login using my old HBOMax subscription login that I had linked to my HBOMax DISH subscription. Still no help for those who haven’t linked them in the past, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dish Fan
None of the "login with your provider" options are working with the new MAX app. (its not just DISH)

I still have the HBOMAX app on my phone, yesterday when I logged in I got a message that Max was coming tomorrow and I wouldn't need to do anything to enjoy the changes... so far I can get in and its still the old HBO Max and programming none of the new stuff.

I can't say I am surprised that they would screw up this launch.

I had issues logging in at first, but managed to get in on my phone (using my dish creds). However there are tons of reports that Max is having issues this morning. Also, they haven't even rolled out the Samsung version of the app. So Its still just the HBOMax app there without any of the Discovery+ content.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Trying to activate the new MAX app on my Roku and I login with my DISH subscription but then it asks me to “renew my subscription”. In the settings it says I don’t have a subscription. Same thing when signing in on my iPhone.

Anyone else seeing this? First day problems, I know…

UPDATE: okay, so I was able to login using my old HBOMax subscription login that I had linked to my HBOMax DISH subscription. Still no help for those who haven’t linked them in the past, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try again, I just did it with my Roku, the same as you and it worked.

In one of my Joey 4s I clicked on HBO Max app. Said I had to download the new Max app which I did. To my surprise, didn't have to re-sign in. Started steaming a movie and it worked great.

My Firestick 4k it updated New App already, but I had to re-sign in with my Provider, Dish wasn't listed but when I searched for Dish it came up, and I had to re-login through Dish.
then on my Fire Cube I had to download the app and it signed me automatically. I don't get any 4k options?? well at least it's not listing 4k, I will have to check later to see if it's 4k
or just HD.

In one of my Joey 4s I clicked on HBO Max app. Said I had to download the new Max app which I did. To my surprise, didn't have to re-sign in. Started steaming a movie and it worked great.
My Joey 4 now has both HBO Max and the new Max. Should I uninstall the old HBO Max app? Both work good.

The HBOMax app now directs me to download MAX on my iPhone, iPad, and Android TV devices - and won't let me browse the library or watch videos. If it's still working for you, it probably won't be long until they force you to move.
Both apps are working good. Going to delete HBO Max and see what happens.

Reactions: syphix
The HBOMax app now directs me to download MAX on my iPhone, iPad, and Android TV devices - and won't let me browse the library or watch videos. If it's still working for you, it probably won't be long until they force you to move.
Uninstalled HBO Max in my Android phone. The new Max app is still working good. Didn't have to sign in. Awesome

Reactions: syphix
The conversion was pretty seamless for me. On my PC and all my TV's all I did was download the MAX app and delete HBO MAX. This raises another question for next month when Paramount+ merges with Showtime. MAX is "free" if you have HBO on Dish. I wonder if Paramount+ will become "free" if you have Showtime on Dish? If not, for Paramount+ subscribers there won't to be any reason to keep showtime on Dish. Why pay twice for the same stuff?