Dish 622 receiving OTA with no subscription

chaingang

Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
622 receiving antenia HDTV OTA with no subscription

I just bought a new receiver HD/DVR 622 from dishnetwork and got screwed around and cancelled my installation. So now I have this receiver and was wondering if I could still use it for the DVR functions with my antenia for HDTV OTA without an access card or subscription.

Last edited:
I believe I read in the Dish forum that Dish charges $6 a month to use OTA and you had to subscribe to their service to use the OTA tuner. I don't have dish but you may want to check the dish forum to make sure.

I've read that the 811 works that way too. You can probably scan and find the digital locals, but in order for them to show up in the guide, you have to pay for the non-digital locals. Kinda double-dipping, ain't it ??

I kinda figured I could'nt use it and there going to get me one way or another. I just got spoiled scanning thru the commercials.....

chaingang said:
I just bought a new receiver HD/DVR 622 from dishnetwork and got screwed around and cancelled my installation. So now I have this receiver and was wondering if I could still use it for the DVR functions with my antenia for HDTV OTA without an access card or subscription.

Are you able to use the 622 as a tuner, even without subscribing to any Dish programming and no satelite dish? If it is tuning in OTA HD channels, maybe you can program manual timer recordings just like a VCR.