Dish 625 Remotes UHF/IR questions

Yea I said it would because I've done it. The only problem is that I haven't tried out all corresponding functions. There is always problems that can happen with anything...

... the 21.0 theoretically should work fine on the receiver.

Yea I said it would because I've done it. The only problem is that I haven't tried out all corresponding functions. There is always problems that can happen with anything...

Thanks for responding that it does work via your first-hand experience. Can you offer advice on the required settings to enable TV1 control of the 625 with the UHF Pro setting of a 21.0 remote? At least one person in this thread has said it will not work, which is contrary to both your hard empirical evidence and my position arrived at through fallacious argument. :D

Alright, since I don't have a 625, you guys will have to wait a few days until I get back to work and see a 625.

On a side note, I never suggested using the 21.0, I said to get the 6.4, which is the current model silver remote. The booklet will say which tab to use.

Folks,
I finally received a UHF/IR 6.3 PRO remote. It has a blue key with black 2 and if you flip it over a black key with no number but says UHF on it. Can I use this remote to control TV1 tuner of my 625 receiver. If so how do I go about it. If not and I do need the green key with green 1 then how do I get one as this did not come with 1

Thanks

Well fiddlesticks. That 6.3 is supposed to ship with about 3 extra keys to control every receiver Dish ever made... I know it can control TV2 on a 625 since I've done it. I believe TV1 will also work, but you may or may not have a problem since you are missing those extra keys. You'll have to look it up in the manual to see what the two sides of the key you have will do. If you don' t have a key that will work, either you will have to buy the right one, or else you can carve yourself a new key as I did with my 6.0 remote. That is problematic because the switch actuated by the key has IIRC 4 positions. Not fun without the proper key.

Well folks not sure how this worked but I too tried moving the switch of my new UHF 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remote and following steps provided above and in the manual but could not get it to work until I set the switch to position one from the left. Note I did not have the green key with UHF pro (which by the way corresponds to position 3 on the switch from the left). Then using the front panel of the receiver I pressed system info and then highlighted TV1 which was still on remote addr 1 and IR. Then on the new remote I pressed SAT till all mode buttons lit up and then pressed 3 and then # which made the SAT button blink 3 times and then record which changed my TV1 setting remote addr to 3 and more importantly the IR changed to UHF . Interesting I thought it would say UHF/IR but it only says UHF. Now TV1 is controlled by UHF and TV2 is still humming along with the other UHF. By the way position 1 on the switch works with the Blue key with black 2 which came with my remote. Again this does not correspond to any of the documentation I saw.

Interesting experience. Is this you here: 21.0 Remote + 625 = ? - DBSTalk.Com ? I have had no problems with my two 21.0's.
Yup, that's my thread asking this same question about the 625 and as you can see not much came of it. See how much dialog there was? "Did you read it all?" Never got them to work with the 625. They worked with the TV great without any custom programming. But never with the 625. Swapping my 6.4 for them and a new TV, I moved them to the 722 and not long after they stopped working all together, UHF/IR, and I was sent 6.4's for free and refunded the cost for the 21.0's and told to toss them.

So yours work with what receiver? The 625 that we're talking about?

P.S.
I was just using the 6.4 on the 625 earlier and thought it worked so well. The touch and action are great and range is too. I love the 6.4's.

So yours work with what receiver? The 625 that we're talking about?

My 21.0s are used on the 622 and 722k with no issues. Their appeal has been the ability to control newer TVs right out of the box, and I programmed them to control the BR player too. I'm interested in what Vash has to say after he gets to a 625.

Ok I'm back. Same day as I posted last I looked in the booklet that comes with the 21.0 remote and it says to set up tv1 UHF the same as other remotes (I assume you don't need to point out the differences between the remotes again). So I tried it out on three receivers this week and it worked splendidly. So, are you done contesting everything I say to make a point, or did you have something else?

Ok I'm back. Same day as I posted last I looked in the booklet that comes with the 21.0 remote and it says to set up tv1 UHF the same as other remotes (I assume you don't need to point out the differences between the remotes again). So I tried it out on three receivers this week and it worked splendidly. So, are you done contesting everything I say to make a point, or did you have something else?

I don't know if it is me that you think as contesting your every point. I was just kinda resolute in my position that the 21.0 would work the 625. You seem to have done that so I don't know what the problem is, except that SandFarmer had issues for some reason.

Thanks.

I do believe I misread a post a while back and thought you were contradicting me on another point when it was actually someone else. Consider my foot to be in my mouth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts