Can I use 1 remote to control both TV 1 and TV 2?

mfs54729

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls, WI.
I am setting up a 722 to two HDTVs. I am running HDMI to TV1 and component
and coax to TV2. TV1 and TV2 will both show the same channel in HD. If I want
to watch a different channel on TV2 I can switch the inputs and watch in SD. I know
I can set up the 2nd remote to control TV1. Can I set up the remote to also control
TV2 (with the AUX button or ?)?
Thanks.

Mark

yes u can watch HD on both tvs but they will be mirrored (same pic) and 1 remote will control both. with tv2 in SD u can watch diff. prog. but need 2 remotes and run RCA's from tv2 output and switch modes in the door on the front right

While I believe that most of the more recent remotes of the last few year do allow for ONE remote two control TWO different Dish boxes, there isn't a "quick, one button" feature that would allow you to instantly control TV2 only using the TV1 (presuming an IR/RF model) remote. To do that, you would have to have to go through the programming remote process, but that is cumbersome.

The easiest solution would be to either have the TV2 remote with you in the TV1 room, or buy an additional TV2 remote (about $20) and keep that one in the TV1 room so you don't always have to bring the original TV2 from that room to the TV1 room. I vote to just buy a 2nd remote and be done with it.

The reference to "TV2" is misleading. Both TVs are displaying TV1.

Actually, while it is a confusing post, the OP did state that he is referring to using the TV2 outputs to watch a different channel (Dual Mode, although implicit, but not explicit), but wants use only one remote to control both TV1 and TV2 while in dual mode instead of the two provided. He could also get a universal remote like a Harmony.

Best overall solution would be setting the receiver into Single Mode (mode button on front panel). Using your tv2 remote you can control from both rooms. Gives you access to PiP, or just hit the Swap button to switch tuner being viewed. In this "one remote" solution though, both locations would always show the same picture (inability to watch tv1 in one room and tv2 in another)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)