Dish 721 error smart card not authorized...

Well, my 721 is doing it again today. Constantly. Plays for a few minutes, then loses audio. Then loses signal. Signal comes back, but no audio. Change the channel and then back and audio is back - for a couple of minutes.

It was working better for a week or so, but now I think it's actually worse than it was originally.

I just checked my setup. On my 721, I have a superdish 105 going to a DP34, on the all the even transponters/spots on 110, I have 0 signal strength flashing to 60-80 back to 0.

I also have a 7200+ on a legency twin with good signal on the evens.

What is your setup?
Sorry for the delay in my response. I have a Dish 500 with a legacy quad for 110 and 119. Two receivers. The 721 and a 3900 that rarely gets watched.

I just checked my setup. On my 721, I have a superdish 105 going to a DP34, on the all the even transponters/spots on 110, I have 0 signal strength flashing to 60-80 back to 0.

I have the exact same issue on my 721, Superdish 121 into a DP34. I connected a 501 into each of the coaxials and no signal issues on the other receiver. Dish told me to take the 721 and connect to another coax [the one the 501 normally connects to] but I haven't gotten to that yet. It doesn't sound like it will make any difference, since others are having this problem as well. Oh, and I get the 'channel not authorized' message on occasion as well.

Some of those evens are spotbeams or HD only, but TS 6, 8, 10, 14, 16, 22 & 24 should be giving solid signal, and do on my other receiver.

I have the exact same issue on my 721, Superdish 121 into a DP34.

Superdish are old and many have shown LNB Drift. They have the Brand and type of LNBs that are having the problem.

50x series receivers have special software to compensate for LNB Drift. 721 does not.

I don't see any significant s/w changes for the 721. I suspect in a few months, they'll move to pull all the remaining ones out of service.

If they remove my from service then they better give me free DVR service on the next DVR or give me an HD DVR 100% owned for free or lose me as a customer. I paid $550 for mine knowing I did not have to pay the DVR fee.

I doubt we'll see that, as I'm sure you're well aware. All things have a reasonable lifespan.

Best we can hope for is "maybe" a free upgrade to a leased ViP612 and yes, paying the DVR monthly fee. They'll give you a free 522 now. Maybe we'll get a deal on a leased ViP722 of one flavor or another.

New customers get free HD DVR's so I would be getting no better deal than what they would and have purchased my DVR. If it is a forced swapout they should not force additional fees down our throats. The 522 offers me no additional storage, they are too cheap to send out a 625. They could at least give a nice discount on a new HD DVR but what they offer will probably be the same as what you can get them for on ebay. I was thinking about selling my 721 but now I cannot even do that because they will not reactivate them making them worthless. I guess I could sell the replacement receiver they would offer me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)