Dish 811 - P282 Update

I stayed on an OTA channel overnight with the receiver on purposely. When I got up I tried to access the guide, and guess what? No Acquiring Satellite! Also, my guide data goes out 36 hours now, instead of the 1 or 2.

The first bug I've noticed is that one of my locals that used to have OTA guide info now doesn't, and that same channel doesn't get it's number remapped to the analog channel like it used to, and doesn't pick up it's 4 character station ID. Another still has the guide, but is missing the station ID.

mdonnelly said:
I stayed on an OTA channel overnight with the receiver on purposely. When I got up I tried to access the guide, and guess what? No Acquiring Satellite! Also, my guide data goes out 36 hours now, instead of the 1 or 2.

The first bug I've noticed is that one of my locals that used to have OTA guide info now doesn't, and that same channel doesn't get it's number remapped to the analog channel like it used to, and doesn't pick up it's 4 character station ID. Another still has the guide, but is missing the station ID.
There is a chance the station's PSIP is flaking out....try a reboot and see if it corrects...then unmap the station in question and readd it...note you will have to resave your favorites list if you have it setup in one...otherwise please report the bug. Actually I could complile a list and submit directly to the team....But I would ask that you private message me your information...Name on account, description of bug, phone number on account, and phone number to call you back at.

Jason

nippjas said:
There is a chance the station's PSIP is flaking out....try a reboot and see if it corrects...then unmap the station in question and readd it...note you will have to resave your favorites list if you have it setup in one...otherwise please report the bug. Actually I could complile a list and submit directly to the team....But I would ask that you private message me your information...Name on account, description of bug, phone number on account, and phone number to call you back at.

Jason
Jason,

I'll follow your suggestions when I get back home tonight. If the problems persist, I'll get back to you with a PM.

Mike D.

Wow, the guide actually works!!! That's one of the most aggravating features of the 811, well used to be! :)

I had lost my Dish locals, and no matter how many times I selected Dish locals it will go to OTA locals. Had to unplug the 811 and working with Dish tech got my Dish locals back.

Now the only thing I am getting is hard lockups in OTA. The unit has to be rebooted to unlock it. Anyone else seen this?

YUP>>>this 2.82 crap is causing me to have hard lockups in the OTA. Now, the machine reboots itself...never did that before. It keeps happening way too much...fck@@!!

mdonnelly said:
Jason,

I rescanned the digitals, and the station ID and channel mapping came back. I saved the info and went back to local OTAs, but while I was changing channels, I got a BSOD. After I rebooted, it was as if I hadn't rescanned, and the original problem was back. :confused:

Mike D.

811Sucks said:
YUP>>>this 2.82 crap is causing me to have hard lockups in the OTA. Now, the machine reboots itself...never did that before. It keeps happening way too much...fck@@!!
I started seeing self reboots after P269...I haven't has this issue since I put the receiver on a UPS though. If the lock ups keep occuring you should dump the receiver memory and try again. Actually, for chits and grins try the reset to default setting in the menu.

Jason

Bulldog said:
I had lost my Dish locals, and no matter how many times I selected Dish locals it will go to OTA locals. Had to unplug the 811 and working with Dish tech got my Dish locals back.

Now the only thing I am getting is hard lockups in OTA. The unit has to be rebooted to unlock it. Anyone else seen this?
Do you have any analog OTA locals mapped? Don't know if you do...but you will not be able to bring your dish delivered LiL locals to channel assignment range 2-99 even if you have only 1 analog OTA local mapped. You can only have Digital OTA locals mapped side by side with LiL locals in the EPG.

Jason

nippjas said:
I started seeing self reboots after P269...I haven't has this issue since I put the receiver on a UPS though. If the lock ups keep occuring you should dump the receiver memory and try again. Actually, for chits and grins try the reset to default setting in the menu.

Jason

Sorry..I'm a newbie. How do you put the receiver on a UPS? How do I dump the memory?

811Sucks said:
Sorry..I'm a newbie. How do you put the receiver on a UPS? How do I dump the memory?
I have had people email me saying the UPS solution helped and then I have been told by 1 it didn't help so your mileage may vary. Here's a link to one of the UPS posts.

Since your a newbie, you'll need to tell me your level of technical inclination cause if you don't understand what a memory dump does you could really screw yourself fast...If you were to mess up you could lock yourself out of being able to watch TV until the advanced tech team comes in Monday morning to reset and reauthorize your receiver...So lets start on the safe side by saying "menu 6-1-6...reset to defaults". If that doesn't help I can help you get a master reset, which would restore your 811 to factory ship condition...But I don't know if ATSR can do this while a firmware release is spooling... lets start by doing factory default...warning this will clear all of your personal settings like favorites lists and timers.

nippjas said:
I have had people email me saying the UPS solution helped and then I have been told by 1 it didn't help so your mileage may vary. Here's a link to one of the UPS posts.

Since your a newbie, you'll need to tell me your level of technical inclination cause if you don't understand what a memory dump does you could really screw yourself fast...If you were to mess up you could lock yourself out of being able to watch TV until the advanced tech team comes in Monday morning to reset and reauthorize your receiver...So lets start on the safe side by saying "menu 6-1-6...reset to defaults". If that doesn't help I can help you get a master reset, which would restore your 811 to factory ship condition...But I don't know if ATSR can do this while a firmware release is spooling... lets start by doing factory default...warning this will clear all of your personal settings like favorites lists and timers.

Thanks...I'll try the factory default. This is really getting ridiculous...since I updated to 2.82, the machine has frozen about 6 times tonight. I know what a memory dump is in general (especially from computers), but I'm not sure how to initiate it on a machine like this. I'll try the default and see where it goes.

I reset to factory default...but it froze again. The lock always happens when I'm scrolling through OTA channels. Then the receiver automatically resets...and then it goes through the "Acquiring Satellite" signal page for about a minute. Then I'm back on. WHat a pain.

811Sucks said:
I reset to factory default...but it froze again. The lock always happens when I'm scrolling through OTA channels. Then the receiver automatically resets...and then it goes through the "Acquiring Satellite" signal page for about a minute. Then I'm back on. WHat a pain.
Check your private messages.

Well, Guide Data seems better now, but I got a spontaneous reboot for the first time last night when switching from one OTA channel to another. I was switching at 7 CST to watch Enterprise when the box locked. I got up to reboot it and before I could hit the button, the screen blacked and the aquiring signal screen came up.

Nippjas...thanks for the message. If a memory dump is that risky, then perhaps I'll just wait for the next update and that might help.

snathanb said:
Well, Guide Data seems better now, but I got a spontaneous reboot for the first time last night when switching from one OTA channel to another. I was switching at 7 CST to watch Enterprise when the box locked. I got up to reboot it and before I could hit the button, the screen blacked and the aquiring signal screen came up.

Strange. This has hapenned to me twice yesterday for no apparent reason. Never had it happen this way before. But I'm still on 281.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)