This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

dish 942 receiver

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hello everyone , im currently a directv customer, but im shopping around for dish network , I just dont know how to get the receivers i want. i really would like the dish 942 hd/dvr and the dish 525 dvr. i just dont know were to get them? and how much can i get them (lease?/Own?) if im a new subscriber. also i would like my dish to point at 119,110 and 61.5 but i dont want to order voom channels just yet , i just want to ready for when i want them. but i do want the hd pak since ive heard its free for the first 6 months.
thanks
JOse

Lease it directly from DISH Notwerk be sure to get the NO COMMITMENT deal it will cost you $250 to lease the 942 and you will be quite happy to switch back to Directv in less than 6 months.

Just check www.dishnetwork.com and select "Order online". You don't have to make the actual purchase online, but it will walk you through all the options and pricing.
As a new Dish customer you can lease the 942. Which is a great deal, especially with all that MPEG-4 uncertainty.

No, No, No - the 942 and other Dish MPEG 2 receivers are not MPEG 4.

Please check the many various other treads on this subject. Use search button at top of page.

oh ok , ill do a search. there is just so many different things to mess with . with dish network all these different switches , different satellites. i guess im just a newby and ill eventually learn all this like i did with directv. but i didnt think directv was this hard..
thanks

all4jo said:
well i just trie the room configuration and all it lets me get is a 811 hd reciver and a 625 dvr
That's strange! The 942 option was there before. Perhaps they don't want to advertise the 942 too much...

all4jo said:
yeah about mpeg4 , the customer service rep told me that the 942 and the 625 dvr are mpeg4 ready.
is that true?

I had four different customer reps tell me the 942 did MPeg4 only to have a Dish technical service person tell me that it couldn't and Dish never published anything saying it could. Too bad their customer reps don't know.

The short answer is that none of the dish DVRs can do MPeg4 right now. Dish will offer some sort of upgrade path once they do. Leasing a Dish is a good idea since a hardware upgrade is inevitable.

I a thinking of going with E for its HD content and I am willing to pay the $250 lease fee for the 942. I live about 30 miles NW of Portland Maine and I would like to know if i will need a second dish to receive the Voom package.

Maineiac said:
I a thinking of going with E for its HD content and I am willing to pay the $250 lease fee for the 942. I live about 30 miles NW of Portland Maine and I would like to know if i will need a second dish to receive the Voom package.
Yes, you will. The D1000 won't work up there, so you'll need a second dish to point at 61.5.