Dish Ads to no longer SUCK?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I must be in a test market area for the my TV stinks Ad. Yesterday I heard a radio commercial where a guy asks his friend what is that rotten anchovy smell and he replies it is my tv. The guys then says my tv doesn't stink, I have DishNetwork.
A pretty bad commercial overall or should I say it sucked. I think I would rather the "suck" version.

Well, you should be able to figure out why they can't run ads showing how bulletproof their boxes are, how dependable their signals are in the rain, or how they offer channels that others don't...

At this point they might as well use Bingo in their ads to lure new customers...

There's a clear difference between E* commercials and everyone else's commercials on tv, and I don't mean in a good way.

I think that Ross Perot is on their marketing/commercial team. His campaign adage of the the sucking sound of money leaving your pocket has a certain ring. But personally, I thought that the little suckie thing that got sucked out of the babys mouth was pretty funny.

rad said:
Why does E* feel they they must run negative ad's? Why not show positive ads that highlight their service offerings vs. such and such sucks or is a pig?

Well, they don't have more channels (unless you're in the minority that wants foreign programming), and they are not much cheaper.

My favorite *ever* TV commercials were the ones AT&T cable had back in the day that made fun of dish companies (not because of that, but because it was funny)..

An example of one: This big satellite installer guy is on the roof, and the owner of the house asks him (from below) something about the TVs.. so the satellite guy just laughs and laughs and the owner steals his ladder..

The guy stuck up there asks for help, and a kid points at him and accusingly says "YOU'RE A BAD MAN!"

There's another where the guy goes to a woman's house and installs the stuff, and the woman asks if she'll be able to watch different things on the other TVs

"Of course not! When your husband's watching sports in the den, you'll have sports in the kitchen, sports in the bedroom.. it'll be like a sports bar!" and he goes on about all the things she could do as she's pushing him out of the house lol.

The single worst ads I've seen are comcast's.. they're so.. cheesey with the music and all, all the way down to the ethnical looking people and "Every time the dog sneezed *snow and white noise from old-ass TV* WE LOST THE PICTURE!"

Dishnet's ads aren't really funny, but at least they're not irritating :)

OoTLink said:
My favorite *ever* TV commercials were the ones AT&T cable had back in the day that made fun of dish companies (not because of that, but because it was funny)..

An example of one: This big satellite installer guy is on the roof, and the owner of the house asks him (from below) something about the TVs.. so the satellite guy just laughs and laughs and the owner steals his ladder..

The guy stuck up there asks for help, and a kid points at him and accusingly says "YOU'RE A BAD MAN!"

There's another where the guy goes to a woman's house and installs the stuff, and the woman asks if she'll be able to watch different things on the other TVs

"Of course not! When your husband's watching sports in the den, you'll have sports in the kitchen, sports in the bedroom.. it'll be like a sports bar!" and he goes on about all the things she could do as she's pushing him out of the house lol.

The single worst ads I've seen are comcast's.. they're so.. cheesey with the music and all, all the way down to the ethnical looking people and "Every time the dog sneezed *snow and white noise from old-ass TV* WE LOST THE PICTURE!"

Dishnet's ads aren't really funny, but at least they're not irritating :)

Time Warner in my area use to have ones for getting rid of the Dish. They made it like "extreme makeover home edition". At the end a crane swings by and knocks the dish off. The dish was like a C-band dish on the roof!!

They made it like satellite dishes were 8 feet across,.