Dish and 1080i upscaling on 4K

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure that using the 1080i off the 722 would not cause a problem with the TV doing all the up-scaling to 4K..
I don't see 4K in my near future, plus, as someone else posted, there is not much content. The reason for 2 dvr's is that one stays home all winter and records the 2 or 3 weekly programs we watch off NBA, ABC and Fox. The reason for 2 stand alone dvr's is that we have been using the 612 on the road and are limited to only recording one OTA channel at a time. If there is a conflict, CBS wins.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I don't have a source for 4K at the present. I can barely stream HD. I am in a rural area with a 10Mbps DSL modem. I just don't wish to wind up like the OP and buy a 4K set and have a poorer picture than on my current 2010 Sony 60". And regarding Samsung, any suggestions regarding other brands? Sound and Vision had some positive comments for the Vizio "F" series. They are back-lit compared to comparable Samsung's which are side-lit. I currently have the Sony 60" ,a Sony 40", a Vizio 47" and 2, 2012 Panasonic's and had no problems with any. We just want a larger set than 60" for our main tv here and have a place in Texas where we can use the 60" Sony.
Thanks for all the responses.
I personally like Samsung. I have a 60" and 55". Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. The best thing you can do is go look at the sets yourself or at least read multiple reviews. Don't base a decision on a single person's opinion.

I personally like Samsung. I have a 60" and 55". Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. The best thing you can do is go look at the sets yourself or at least read multiple reviews. Don't base a decision on a single person's opinion.
That's what I did checked the reviews. I got me a 55" LG OLED. Picture is awesome.

Reactions: JSheridan
Thanks, I just wanted to be sure that using the 1080i off the 722 would not cause a problem with the TV doing all the up-scaling to 4K..
I don't see 4K in my near future, plus, as someone else posted, there is not much content. The reason for 2 dvr's is that one stays home all winter and records the 2 or 3 weekly programs we watch off NBA, ABC and Fox. The reason for 2 stand alone dvr's is that we have been using the 612 on the road and are limited to only recording one OTA channel at a time. If there is a conflict, CBS wins.
Just so you are aware, replacing the ViP612 with a Wally would also help resolve that conflict, since it supports the new dual-tuner OTA USB dongle. Of course, like you said earlier, you are not sure what Dish sent you to replace your failed ViP612, so it might be a good idea to see what they sent you. If you get a ViP722k, you would be all set, as long as you add the dual-tuner MT2 OTA module that goes in that model.

Well, they are sending me another 612, UPS 2nd day air. I need to see about the MT2 OTA module for my 722 and carry it on the road instead of the 612. I wish they made a MT2 OTA for the 612 but I looked and it appears they never offered one. I have had the hard drive fail on two 722's. Based on a post on this forum, I added an external fan to my 3rd 722 and it has made it for 5 years.
Again thanks for all the responses.

Well, they are sending me another 612, UPS 2nd day air. I need to see about the MT2 OTA module for my 722 and carry it on the road instead of the 612. I wish they made a MT2 OTA for the 612 but I looked and it appears they never offered one. I have had the hard drive fail on two 722's. Based on a post on this forum, I added an external fan to my 3rd 722 and it has made it for 5 years.
Again thanks for all the responses.
Do you have 722k model? That MT2 is for 722k.

They never enabled the EHD on the ViP222 because that would have made it too similar to a ViP722 without an monthly DVR fee.

Reactions: pattykay
What models? The 2017-2020 are crap stop gap models until they put their newest reveal in full production. I lucked out and got a 2016 QD. Beware, unless you got it from Costco, you're going to have Tech Support problems. "MOST EVERYONE IS!" Hit and subscribe to the the forums for your device. Samsung is having a company wide product quality problem!

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

That is years away.

Besides, rumor has it that Samsung will re-enter the OLED TV market in 2021, and they should be cheaper then anyway. We might see some stations broadcasting ATSC 3 signals to the general public beginning in late 2019. Very few. I suspect the first few years, rollout will be slow. Stations may have to resort to giving away converter boxes to prime the pump, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

That is years away.

Besides, rumor has it that Samsung will re-enter the OLED TV market in 2021, and they should be cheaper then anyway. We might see some stations broadcasting ATSC 3 signals to the general public beginning in late 2019. Very few. I suspect the first few years, rollout will be slow. Stations may have to resort to giving away converter boxes to prime the pump, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Thanks I appreciate the help

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts