DISH Announces Conference Call for First Quarter 2016 Financial Results

Was anyone listening? I have 10 minutes, and have not found anything online in regards to EOQ results.

I'm predicting more sub losses.......again.

I will take the other side of the argument. I think Dish gained about 30,000 new subscribers, though they frequently lump the numbers in with Sling TV in order to confuse the analysts. The reason I think they gained? As a new subscriber, I can tell you that they gave me every incentive in the book to sign me up, free month plus $200 prepaid card, huge discounts for a year. That generous offer expired right after the quarter ended, so I think they must have reached their goal.

Reactions: .Andy
Charlie hates the stuff apperantly and fired a quadrapalegix that had the card. So no one that works at dish.

I don't necessarily disagree with Charlie. His company has a policy, and it was not protected by the state. I actually blamed Colorado for that one. Currently, Az is the only state that protects MMJ as a medicine, and cannot be terminated for it. I am a user myself, and it works well for us that have this protection. This is the fault of Colorado for not protecting patients.

I will take the other side of the argument. I think Dish gained about 30,000 new subscribers, though they frequently lump the numbers in with Sling TV in order to confuse the analysts. The reason I think they gained? As a new subscriber, I can tell you that they gave me every incentive in the book to sign me up, free month plus $200 prepaid card, huge discounts for a year. That generous offer expired right after the quarter ended, so I think they must have reached their goal.
I agree. I got $85 for the hopper 3 $200 gift card price lock at $50 a month for 3yrs and free netflix. Free install, Free movie channels for 3 months. Dish protection for 6 (which they extended as a courtesy after I had a month of problems and threatened to quit) They have been very well so far and had 4 techs come install. For as much problems as I've had I love them.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/sa...306?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Dish Network said it lost about 23,000 video customers in the first quarter, continuing a string of losses going back to last year, as revenue increased about 3%.
Dish ended the period with 13.874 million video subscribers, down 23,000. Last year the company finished Q1 with a gain of about 35,000 video customers, but ended the year with a deficit of 81,000 video subs.

Looks like you were right, lost 23,000 according to the release. Of course, revenue and EPS up on increased costs. I don't see how they (not just them but ALL MPVDs) can keep this up.

Dish profits were much higher than expected this quarter. Earnings went up, revenue per subscriber went up, and low profit subscribers were allowed to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)