DISH antenna stolen - twice. Help!!

how about painting the thing orange or putting a big yellow smiley face on it? I have seen them around for a while now. You would DEFINATLY know whose house it gets put on!!

Thats actually the best idea I have seen yet. Paint the Dish bright orange glossy paint.

#1 Whoever they sell it to will not want it because it because its not the standard grey.

#2 If its an installer, the customer who they put it on their house is going to complain so they can't use it.

#3 If you drive around town, its easy to spot.

Super glue thumb tacs to the face of the switch and around the edge of the dish or better yet spray adhesive glue onto both and sprinkle broken glass shards onto both, they'll never bother her again.

You would probably get sued!

I know a guy who has a party store in Detroit and got tired of people breaking in by cutting holes in his roof.

He went and put roofing tar all over his roof and covered it with broken glass...

The next person who went on his roof and tried to break in got seriously cut up, and ended up trying to sue the owner of the store.

Luckily nothing came of the lawsuit, but the city fined this guy and told him to clean it up.

Thats actually the best idea I have seen yet. Paint the Dish bright orange glossy paint.

#1 Whoever they sell it to will not want it because it because its not the standard grey.

#2 If its an installer, the customer who they put it on their house is going to complain so they can't use it.

#3 If you drive around town, its easy to spot.
Methinks it's an annoyed HOA member - so it may be more a matter of not liking the sight of the dish rather than re-using it. So it might be more apt to be taken if it was even more hideous in their mind.

Methinks it's an annoyed HOA member - so it may be more a matter of not liking the sight of the dish rather than re-using it. So it might be more apt to be taken if it was even more hideous in their mind.

Then a camera would be the best option. Then take the video down to the police and press charges. Then, if you're feeling really ornery, file an FCC complaint against the HOA and have them fined.

Holy over-thinking the problem!! Drill one
- 3/8'' hole through the entire assembly where it attaches to the pole. Add one 4" shackle Master Lock. Done deal.

Just finished reading other posts. I over-thunk it too. J-B-Weld would be my revised answer. Great thinkin'.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)