Dish Anywhere Login to Wrong Account?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Rats! For the last 2 days when I login to Dish Anywhere using my credentials, DA connects me to my own account! :eeek Where’s the fun in that? :glasses

Seriously, it seems that Dish may have quietly fixed the Dish Anywhere random account login glitch ;)

Me too, I logged into my DA account on a PC with Edge Beta and got my own account. So much for being able to snoop on someone else's account.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This morning, Dish Anywhere logged me in to someone else's account in the Springfield/Champaign , Illinois area (I live in CT). I am able to view their recordings and other video channels on my PC!

Logging out and in again got me back to my own channels.

This problem is still not fixed! It is very disturbing to log in to someone else's account, and it makes me worried that someone else will be able to log into my account!

Dish please fix this serious problem!!!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Our Engineering Team is aware of this issue and are currently working on finding a permanent resolution to this issue. These issues often require multiple account examples to isolate the problem. Please use this link to reach out to our Chat Team with your account information so that we can forward your feedback to our Engineering Team: Direct Chat

Thanks!

Just happened to my DA again. Had the same problem probably 3 weeks ago.

It messes up the guide also from my experience. For example, local stations that are non local to my account.

Today, Dish Anywhere logged me in to someone's account in Tucson, Arizona. This time, I could not watch their channels, but I was still logged in to their account. The problem still exists.

As usual, logging out and in again got me back to my own channels.

• Sad
I had this happen to me the other day - I wasn't "logged in" but it showed another users name beside my thing on the screen.
I called support and they didn't have no idea but noted my account as I thought someone had gotten into the account and was watching programming thru it.

This has happened to me numerous times. In my case, it happens when I resume from sleep (W10 & Chrome) and occasionally my time is not in sync. It is possible DA is simply reusing the previous authentication token which is now in use by someone else.

DA relying on the local clock being correct needs to be changed to use their server time instead. That and retrieving the local timezone should be a trivial change.

EDIT: I first reported this August 24, 2019.

I just called Dish about a separate DA issue (can't use Chat) and mentioned this problem to them, and they took note. Hopefully they will look into it.

BTW, my issue was when I connected to DA from Chrome on W10 (or Firefox/Edge), it would immediately throw an overlay asking to choose my profile--but no profile was available to select. I was hoping it wasn't somebody connecting to my account and dropping the default Profile. They wanted me to clear all of my browser history, cache, etc. which I did not want to do, so I used another device (should've thought of before) and it worked--so my profile is fine. Since it was an issue on my end, I thanked the Dish tech and searched how to delete just the cached objects for Dish Network related sites. That corrected the issue.

Been in IT for too many decades to simply obey a 'clear your browser cache and reboot' request. Heck, I've used it myself on occasion as a way to delegate to another person. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)