Dish Anywhere on Android TV

Tondroid

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Denver
Has anyone successfully operated the Dish Anywhere App on an Android TV box?

I bought the Jetstream 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box at Wal-Mart. It installed just fine but I cannot stream any live content from the Dish Anywhere EPG guide or any content recorded / saved on my Hopper 3.

I can get content to stream in the following conditions - On Demand streams just fine and any content selected from the "livestream" guide which presents only a fraction of channels available on the full EPG.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I bought the Jetstream 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box at Wal-Mart. It installed just fine but I cannot stream any live content from the Dish Anywhere EPG guide or any content recorded / saved on my Hopper 3.

I can get content to stream in the following conditions - On Demand streams just fine and any content selected from the "livestream" guide which presents only a fraction of channels available on the full EPG.

According to Dish, they made an Android TV version last year. : DISH app now on Android TV

It says : To watch DISH Anywhere on Android TV, download the free app from the Google Play Store.

So you might have an old version. See if you can uninstall what came with your Jetstream and get a fresh version.

On edit. Dish JUST released a NEW version (complete reworking) of Dish Anywhere. Maybe it's not at the Google Play store yet.

What model receiver do you have?

Side loaded the app on my Sony I had no luck....Dish logo came on screen it was not in landscape. And wouldnt open

what version did you download. I found this site with old versions of the Dish Anywhere app. Was planning to download a past version thinking the problem I am seeing is really a bug with the latest version released last month.

In Select TV in the Dish Anywhere app, my second Hopper 3 is missing. Also, one of my WJs & 4KJs is missing. Anyone know why I can't see my second Hopper 3s?

Hello Charlesrshell. We'd recommend making sure that your second Hopper 3 is connected to your internet, as well as your WJ and 4KJ.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Side loaded the app on my Sony I had no luck....Dish logo came on screen it was not in landscape. And wouldnt open

what version did you download. I found this site with old versions of the Dish Anywhere app. Was planning to download a past version thinking the problem I am seeing is really a bug with the latest version released last month.

Is there a reason you are having to sideload this on your Android TV? It is available to me and listed as compatible when I go to the Play Store from the TV.

Hello Charlesrshell. We'd recommend making sure that your second Hopper 3 is connected to your internet, as well as your WJ and 4KJ.
Recommend?.........Doesnt it still need a handshake from dish to authorize streaming?...Even if your on your home network?

Is there a reason you are having to sideload this on your Android TV? It is available to me and listed as compatible when I go to the Play Store from the TV.
Yes because first it wasnt even available.....second you try different versions to see if one might work.

All my DISH equipment is connected to the Internet. Presently my Smartphone is showing one Hopper 3, two 4KJs, and one WJ. My second H3 and one WJ is missing.

I tried every version of the Dish Anywhere app for Android TV going back to last July. I loaded each one onto a memory stick and loaded manually via the USB port on my android TV box. In all, 4 different versions (2.4.9; 2.4.8; 2.3.8; 2.3.1), None worked with my Jetstream android TV box although the older versions seemed to work better. This looks like a bug with the APP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)