Dish Anywhere on Firetv Buffering

Why not use your firestick in a HDMI port and not go through the H3? I'm not sure of the benefit of your method.
LOL. I’m not using it directly with the H3. That was just the screen than popped up after the new software was installed and I opened it up. It gave me two options. Pair w/H3 or sign in using creds. I am trying to do this with the firestik in an HDMI slot on my Roku tv over 200 miles from home. I tried it now with two separate software updates and in both cases I have selected to sign in using my creds. I enter my login and password and then that screen disappears and the DA App logo comes up over the black background and nothing further happens. It just hangs, giving no indication it is loading. I go back to the firestik settings and it shows the new software for the DA app but the app will just not load.

LOL. I’m not using it directly with the H3. That was just the screen than popped up after the new software was installed and I opened it up. It gave me two options. Pair w/H3 or sign in using creds. I am trying to do this with the firestik in an HDMI slot on my Roku tv over 200 miles from home. I tried it now with two separate software updates and in both cases I have selected to sign in using my creds. I enter my login and password and then that screen disappears and the DA App logo comes up over the black background and nothing further happens. It just hangs, giving no indication it is loading. I go back to the firestik settings and it shows the new software for the DA app but the app will just not load.
I have also been out of town so I can't test it to help you. I will try this weekend. BTW which firestick/gen do you have?

The latest Dish Anywhere is horrible. I tried to watch a Hallmark movie that I had recorded on my Living Room Hopper3 using Dish Anywhere on my 4K Firestick in the basement. It started fine but when I tried to skip over the first commercial it skipped way ahead. I tried to rewind. After that it just kept buffering nonstop. Streaming takes place over my home gigabit network so the problem is not my network. Dish Anywhere worked great before Dish decided to update the Dish Anywhere app. I am very disappointed since the current Dish Anywhere is not useable. I wonder if Dish is trying to force us to use a Joey3 so they can charge the additional fee.

The latest Dish Anywhere is horrible. I tried to watch a Hallmark movie that I had recorded on my Living Room Hopper3 using Dish Anywhere on my 4K Firestick in the basement. It started fine but when I tried to skip over the first commercial it skipped way ahead. I tried to rewind. After that it just kept buffering nonstop. Streaming takes place over my home gigabit network so the problem is not my network. Dish Anywhere worked great before Dish decided to update the Dish Anywhere app. I am very disappointed since the current Dish Anywhere is not useable. I wonder if Dish is trying to force us to use a Joey3 so they can charge the additional fee.
I agree the DA app on the Firestick definitely needs some work. As a work around, I've been casting from DA on my laptop or phone to the Firestick with virtually no buffering.

Using a poorly updated app to force users to buy a Joey makes no sense since the whole purpose of the app is to allow viewing from "Anywhere".

Using a poorly updated app to force users to buy a Joey makes no sense since the whole purpose of the app is to allow viewing from "Anywhere".

Although Dish Anywhere allows streaming anywhere you have a good internet connection several of us use it within our house to eliminate the cost of a Joey3. It used to work great since it uses your local network to do the streaming. Thus I would use it in my basement while on my exercise bike.
Spectrum has an upload speed of 10 Mbps and a download speed of 300 Mbps. My download speed seems to be pretty constant but my upload speed varies a lot. Because of this my sons have had issues using Dish Anywhere to stream from my two Hopper3 receivers. The streaming content buffers a lot. I am sure this is because of my upload variability. But of course within my house Dish Anywhere used to work great since I have a gigabit network throughout my house.

Although Dish Anywhere allows streaming anywhere you have a good internet connection several of us use it within our house to eliminate the cost of a Joey3. It used to work great since it uses your local network to do the streaming. Thus I would use it in my basement while on my exercise bike.
Spectrum has an upload speed of 10 Mbps and a download speed of 300 Mbps. My download speed seems to be pretty constant but my upload speed varies a lot. Because of this my sons have had issues using Dish Anywhere to stream from my two Hopper3 receivers. The streaming content buffers a lot. I am sure this is because of my upload variability. But of course within my house Dish Anywhere used to work great since I have a gigabit network throughout my house.
I agree there are people that do use the app within their home in place of a Joey, but I disagree that DISH would deliberately destroy a potent marketing tool just to pressure those people into paying a monthly Joey fee while alienating thousands more that use the app outside of their homes.

Having the same problem with my HWS. Tried two different apk versions, once with pairing and once logging in with credentials. App just never loads. YouTube tv sure is looking better and better to this 22 year Dish customer.

I agree there are people that do use the app within their home in place of a Joey, but I disagree that DISH would deliberately destroy a potent marketing tool just to pressure those people into paying a monthly Joey fee while alienating thousands more that use the app outside of their homes.
I agree. When the first came out with the DISH Anywhere app they were advertising that it could be used on tv in another room and not have to pay the additional receiver fee. I think it is just crappy software that causes the glitches .

I installed DA version 22.3.0.60 on a new FireTVstick 4K Max running OS version 7.6.0.8 this morning. I've been streaming with the DA app for around 6 hours, with zero buffering so far. The Firestick is using our AT&T cell Internet, with speeds running around 15x5 Mbps. My wife and I did make sure our laptops, phones, etc, are using our Verizon cell Internet so as not to load down the AT&T service. I'm pleased with it so far.

I installed DA version 22.3.0.60 on a new FireTVstick 4K Max running OS version 7.6.0.8 this morning. I've been streaming with the DA app for around 6 hours, with zero buffering so far. The Firestick is using our AT&T cell Internet, with speeds running around 15x5 Mbps. My wife and I did make sure our laptops, phones, etc, are using our Verizon cell Internet so as not to load down the AT&T service. I'm pleased with it so far.
Have you tried streaming a previously recorded show from DVR to Firestick? Curious to know if picture quality is ok?

Have you tried streaming a previously recorded show from DVR to Firestick? Curious to know if picture quality is ok?
I watched a recorded half hour show this morning and didn't notice any difference in the PQ versus live programming. We don't have a giant screen TV in our motorhome though, so I can't speak to how it would look there.