Dish anywhere problems

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
I'm not sure what the problem is, and have tried everything I can think of. When using dish anywhere, either in my network or outside my network, dish anywhere either shows my hopper as yellow or grayed out, but what's weird... When I select live tv, it works!!! So, um...... Help!?!?!?!?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm not sure what the problem is, and have tried everything I can think of. When using dish anywhere, either in my network or outside my network, dish anywhere either shows my hopper as yellow or grayed out, but what's weird... When I select live tv, it works!!! So, um...... Help!?!?!?!?

Does it change if you stay on that screen? What other issues are you having with DISH Anywhere?

I had issues as well, but did a hard reset (unplugged the Sling Hopper) and it works now. Weird thing is that I could see / access the non-Sling Hopper.

Does it change if you stay on that screen? What other issues are you having with DISH Anywhere?

No, it never goes green no matter what I do. That seems to be the only issue I have seen. I can't see any of the DVR shows but I can play live tv

I had issues as well, but did a hard reset (unplugged the Sling Hopper) and it works now. Weird thing is that I could see / access the non-Sling Hopper.

Tried that.

It turns out it was the router. I was trying a linksys e1200 flashed with dd-wrt firmware because I wanted my router to handle DHCP. Previously I was using a d-link dir-655 and running the DHCP server on my windows home server. For what ever reason the dir-655 works bett when the server handled DHCP, as soon as I went back to the dir-655 it started working properly again.

Ok, so I finally had to swap to the Linksys e1200 with dd-wrt, and my Dish Anywhere issue is back. It does seem that eventually it will work on the iPad, but then it will loose it's connection, and the Hopper NEVER shows connected on dish anywhere.com. Help?!?!

Is this a new Hopper. I just switched from a 722K to a Hopper. My DishAnywhere on my iPhone however was "stuck" on my 722K (that I gave back). I went online via my computer to DishAnywhere and set it to my Hopper. My iPhone was still "stuck" though. I had to delete the application on my iPhone and install it again. That did the trick. I could stream again via my iPhone. Is this a browser issue? Have you tried deleted all your "cookies" and other temporary internet files?

Is this a new Hopper. I just switched from a 722K to a Hopper. My DishAnywhere on my iPhone however was "stuck" on my 722K (that I gave back). I went online via my computer to DishAnywhere and set it to my Hopper. My iPhone was still "stuck" though. I had to delete the application on my iPhone and install it again. That did the trick. I could stream again via my iPhone. Is this a browser issue? Have you tried deleted all your "cookies" and other temporary internet files?

No, this is an issue with the network, such as ports not being opened properly or something else. And cookies have nothing to do with iPad app.

Yeah, I can confirm that if I get the guide to load, i can click on a program and tell it to watch that program and it will start streaming the live program even while the little dot next to my hopper's name in upper right corner of website is still spinning. eventually it will go green, but even then it will not last. while writing this, I checked it and it was green, went back a minute later and it was spinning again.

Last edited:
I was having similar problems. I think the "magic" was to clear data from the app. That seemed to be the thing that got me working. I also have an E1200 running dd-wrt, but that did not seem to be the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)