Dish Anywhere Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
Dish Anywhere Question

does anyone know how many seconds you actually move when you skip ahead or skip back in dish anywhere.
mine seems to be totally random and inconsistent as well as slow to respond

Roughly 30 seconds ahead and 10 back. Under digital systems, it isn't easy to get that consistent, as bitrates vary.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's what I thought, and it works on the HWS, 6 to 8 clicks and commercials are done. On Dish Anywhere there is a long delay between click and action, maybe 5 or 10 seconds, than 2 or 3 clicks may or may not bypass the commercial and one more may put me well into the show. Skip back is sometimes ignored or locks up DA or goes to black screen, totally unpredictable.
So is my network/internet connection too slow or are my commands being lost in DA latency?
Originally I was trying to connect HWS over 802.11N now it is wired Ethernet. Dramatic difference but still not perfect. I am looking at replacing router with 802.11AC with Gigabit to see if either of those changes help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)