Dish Anywhere/ replace Joey?

Keep in mind, with the Firestick, it's not just about DA, it's almost every streaming service you use in one menu. I use mine for DA. Amazon Prime and Amazon Music, Netflix, YouTube, Plex, DAZN, SiriusXM, Pandora and a few others regularly and it fits in a side pocket on my duffel bag.

Keep in mind, with the Firestick, it's not just about DA, it's almost every streaming service you use in one menu. I use mine for DA. Amazon Prime and Amazon Music, Netflix, YouTube, Plex, DAZN, SiriusXM, Pandora and a few others regularly and it fits in a side pocket on my duffel bag.

Exactly... Besides DA, I currently have about 20 streaming apps installed, most free. There's an amazing variety of programming available.

Exactly... Besides DA, I currently have about 20 streaming apps installed, most free. There's an amazing variety of programming available.

I just wish it had xfinity stream for the stream-a-thon. No streaming promo intended. Best I have in the neighborhood. Next month my promo ends and I’ll probably be paying low $60’s for 25MB’s. As good as it gets in Bloominggulch.

Reactions: NYDutch
I'll be interested to see how the app's are laid out. We just canceled Netflix which was the only pay service we had. YouTube(the free part) is one that we(mostly me) do use frequently but other than that we don't do much streaming. If the app's are well laid out and easier to open we might start doing more.

I'll be interested to see how the app's are laid out. We just canceled Netflix which was the only pay service we had. YouTube(the free part) is one that we(mostly me) do use frequently but other than that we don't do much streaming. If the app's are well laid out and easier to open we might start doing more.[/QUOTE
They are and if you only use a few, they will be where it says recently used apps.

Reactions: JeffN9
I'll be interested to see how the app's are laid out. We just canceled Netflix which was the only pay service we had. YouTube(the free part) is one that we(mostly me) do use frequently but other than that we don't do much streaming. If the app's are well laid out and easier to open we might start doing more.

Once you have a few other streaming apps installed, try installing FitzyTV. It consolidates some of the streaming channels into a single program guide for easier selection. It may not have everything you want though...

Here's the top of my Home Page on Firestick

3sjuo.jpg

This is the kind of experience I was interested in. Which model Firestick do you have? Did everyone in the household adjust to it pretty easily?
Sorry for the delay in replying. Everyone got used to App and I think the picture is as good if not actually better than the wireless Joey. We got the 4K Firesticks like you ordered. Once in the guide, its pretty easy to enter numbers by using the << and = keys so you can skip around. As mentioned earlier, it doesn't recognize favorites within the guide and though you can record individual shows, I've had trouble setting up series recordings so I just go back to the main Hopper for that. Other than that, it's one of the main reasons I stick with Dish.

Reactions: JeffN9
I can't wait to get mine so I can start playing with it:) Thanks again for all the wonderful info!
One thing I forgot to mention...before turning off the TV, I always exit out of the Dish Anywhere app and go back to the Firestick main screen, just to make sure it stops streaming. I read somewhere that you should always do that with Youtube so I figured it made sense to just get into the habit with all of the Firestick apps.

One thing I forgot to mention...before turning off the TV, I always exit out of the Dish Anywhere app and go back to the Firestick main screen, just to make sure it stops streaming. I read somewhere that you should always do that with Youtube so I figured it made sense to just get into the habit with all of the Firestick apps.

I always try to do that anyway. I'm kind of anal about things like that. I've found that it's not always easy to exit out of an app. Navigating your way out can be a PITA sometimes.

Reactions: joebcapecod
I do too, and put it to sleep. I noticed with Amazon music, if you just jump to home and try to use a different app, the music keeps playing

Well I finally got not one but two 4k Firesticks and was playing with them over the weekend. Dish Anywhere seems to work well. The only thing I noticed was the lack of Dolby Dig. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed? I was getting Dolby Dig. on some other app's so I know I must have things connected properly. It's not a deal breaker but it would be nice.

Sorry, I know the Dolby Dig. question has been brought up before but I couldn't remember.

I’d say if you were able to use your tv’s usb it does. The older 32” Samsung I put one on required the included usb power as the tv couldn’t supply enough kick.

Our Firesticks both work fine, but the one powered by the older bedroom RCA TV does complain about the power at startup. It doesn't seem to affect it in use though. The living area TV is a newer Visio, and apparently the USB port has a little more kick.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts