Dish Anywhere streaming quality

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I am streaming live TV to my Windows 10 PC over my network using Dish Anywhere in Chrome and it looks terrible. I can't seem to find any settings to adjust the video quality. By comparison, if I connect to my HDHomeRun, it looks perfectly clear. What am I missing?

My discussion with dish techs over other DA indicated the quality was not going to be good in the PC/Online version. She said I should get a Firestick because it does not have the quality limitations. I use a PC at work through HDMI to a 55in monitor and a Firestick would not be possible. I hope they will be able to improve this.

Reactions: TheKrell
I stream live tv (OTA & satellite feed) on my firestick over our home network and its amazing.

Even more so - I just recently discovered the dish anywhere live stream option over firestick- and its beyond amazing. Blows the hopper Satellite feed of the same channel away.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I stream live tv (OTA & satellite feed) on my firestick over our home network and its amazing.

Even more so - I just recently discovered the dish anywhere live stream option over firestick- and its beyond amazing. Blows the hopper Satellite feed of the same channel away.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
It's on PC that the video quality is terrible

It's on PC that the video quality is terrible
And the Fire stick isn't really an option for me, as I am watching on a computer monitor. Sure, I could plug a Fire stick into an HDMI port on my monitor, but I would lose visibility into my PC until I switch the input back. That would be an extremely clunky solution, so I guess I'm stuck waiting and hoping they can improve streaming quality (and actually make DVR useable) in the new app.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: HipKat
On the latest PC version it goes out of your network and back in.. limited by upstream bandwidth. The fire stick keeps it all on your LAN (so far)

I am streaming live TV to my Windows 10 PC over my network using Dish Anywhere in Chrome and it looks terrible. I can't seem to find any settings to adjust the video quality. By comparison, if I connect to my HDHomeRun, it looks perfectly clear. What am I missing?

I totally agree with others. The Fire Stick, work beautifully on the Dish Anywhere app. Find casting ,the pq can vary all over the place. I only use the Chromecast when the app is not on the Roku or Fire stick.

Well either it's gross incompetence, or they're colluding with someone to force subscribers to buy a streaming device. I really don't see a third alternative.