Dish Anywhere using Google Chrome

lynnjohn13

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
PA
I've been having an issue with the Dish Anywhere website on my laptop. I use the Chrome browser and the screen flickers, usually every 3 or 4 seconds. I'm using Windows 7 and never have any issues with Google Chrome, except with Dish Anywhere. Any suggestions?

sound like you may have a graphics drive or flash or java issue, basically what ever software that runs video on your laptop is causing the issue.
are all of these updated?

Last edited:
All software is up to date. I have not tried Firefox... does it work better for the Dish Anywhere website?

I use Chrome and Windows 7 and use Dish Anywhere on a daily basis. Never had any issue like you're experiencing.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: ChadT41
I had this once in both FF and Chrome (on a Win 7 laptop). However, the issue was the hotel wifi. I wasn't getting that strong of a connection and the data rate was fairly low. I chatted with Dish support and we both agree that was probably the reason. Noticed it did get a little better every once in a while but still the flashing video.

Reactions: ChadT41
Just an update, I downloaded FF and was able to watch Dish Anywhere for a short time. I didn't notice any of the flickering like I did on Chrome. I'll report when I am able to watch it a little more. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I don't know much about the chrome booked, but it appears they run chrome os, and if that is true, then I'm guessing not. They do not have a Linux support for DA, I don't think they will jump to chrome os.

Last time I asked a couple months ago, the answer was no.

My guess, just like Windows phones, once they have enough marketshare to warrant the additional work to support, then we'll see something.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts