Dish Anywhere Windows RT App?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sling has an app for windows phone, you'd think since they are essentially the same company and same technology it would be rather easy to develop a dish anywhere app for windows phone 7/8, windows 8/rt. Dish needs to realize that not everyone drinks the apple/droid Kool-Aid!!!

I'm sure sling has a lot more resources to dedicate to multiple platforms, they don't do nearly as many things as dish does. It would be a huge investment and high level of effort and resources to create another app for such a relatively small group of users.

I'm sure sling has a lot more resources to dedicate to multiple platforms, they don't do nearly as many things as dish does. It would be a huge investment and high level of effort and resources to create another app for such a relatively small group of users.
Frankly I wouldn't need a dedicated app if there was a workaround for using it in the Metro IE. There is a workaround if you use a regular Slingbox, but this doesn't appear to work for Dish Anywhere.

I agree that they wouldn't and shouldn't invest time and money on a device/os specific app. They should be developing browser based solutions using the latest standards like html 5 instead of continuing to use installable plugins that aren't compatible across all platforms.

I just picked up the $130 Lumia 521. I'd like to see some sort of solution for WP8. You'd think with WinRT and WP8, that it wouldn't be off the roadmap. They could write one app and have it work on WP8, WinRT and Win 8 Pro.

I mean, DirecTv has a Windows Phone 8 app...

Are you not able to access dishanywhere.com from your phone browser and set the timers?

Hmm, looks like it might be do-able from that site. I originally tried the dish.sling.com, which didn't work at all. dishanywhere.com looks like it may work, but still is slow and not ideal.

Sounds horrible. I'll stick with my Android.

Wouldn't be problem if Dish made an app.

I bought a Lumia 521 just to play around with ($129, no contract). My Amaze is still my main phone.

I'll say, from being a strong supporter of Android, there is quite a bit that I like about WP8, I like it more than I thought I would.

Wouldn't be problem if Dish made an app.

I bought a Lumia 521 just to play around with ($129, no contract). My Amaze is still my main phone.

I'll say, from being a strong supporter of Android, there is quite a bit that I like about WP8, I like it more than I thought I would.

I believe that WP is superior over iOS and android in many many many ways, and would love to use it full time, but I do believe that WP was a little late to the market which shows in the number of apps and the fact that people develop for iOS and android primarily. Depending on the company, their focus might not be having it available on all platforms, but only the ones that have the largest customer base, and unfortunately WP does not have that, which is sad since it is superior to me.

To each their own. I've had a Windows phone, Android, iOS and Blackberry over the years and I'm sure things have progressed on each platform but I was not a very big fan of Windows or Blackberry. I love the Windows operating system on my PCs but the mobile to me was not that great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)