Dish Anywhere

SPower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
Fallon, NV
I was under the impression with dish anywhere you could watch TV on your device anywhere, as long as you had service (wifi, internet). So I downloaded the app. So far I can't watch anything on my device except for a few channels, that I'm not interested in. I of course can watch on Demand but I'm talking about just watching TV, like a football game on Sunday, or a TV show on primetime. Am I correct or am I missing something? What is the purpose of having the guide on the app but I can't watch anything. Disappointing....

When I watch DA in bed on my iPad it starts up my H3 box then loads. I think you have to have the right receiver to use the app. IIRC when I used it camping it started up the receiver too, they being hooked up to the internet and being on the same LAN

No, I do have a streaming box but that's not the point. The dish commercials make it look like you can watch TV on your phone wherever you are.

Indeed that does work if you have a Dish DVR with Sling. I used to do this with the Sling Adapter, but it uses flash and that is going away (along with the Sling Adapter). I now have a Hopper3 which has built-in Sling and that works as the commercials say.

Reactions: NYDutch
I have a wally receiver

The Wally has no Sling capability, so you are out of luck watching live or recorded programming via DishAnywhere. :( I don't think even a Hopper Duo has Sling.

The original H2K could take the Sling Adapter, but as I noted above, that's going away leaving only the HwS and H3 able to show programming via DishAnywhere. And much to my chagrin it won't show me the contents of my EHD either (which my 722 w/Sling Adapter would do without issue). :mad:

Reactions: JSheridan
The Wally has no Sling capability, so you are out of luck watching live or recorded programming via DishAnywhere. :( I don't think even a Hopper Duo has Sling.

The original H2K could take the Sling Adapter, but as I noted above, that's going away leaving only the HwS and H3 able to show programming via DishAnywhere. And much to my chagrin it won't show me the contents of my EHD either (which my 722 w/Sling Adapter would do without issue). :mad:
At least I don't need to see my EHD remotely as the only thing on it is every single episode of the Simpsons ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts