Dish Anywhere

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Ever since my Stepdad upgraded his phone (iPhone SE and changed provider) he can’t seem to use his Dish anywhere. I checked a few things like to make sure he’s logged in. If you select the DVR you can see his recordings. I also can see the Hopper under More>>Settings>>Live TV & DVR. When you select a recording or live tv show it goes to connecting to connecting to your receiver then nothing more happens. As far as trouble shooting goes I had his reset his receiver. That didn’t work. I had his uninstall the app and reinstall and still doesn’t work. Any other ideas I could try?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: bhawley
Looks like the newest DA App in iOS is broken

Looks like the newest DA App in iOS is broken

I have IOS with the newest update 20.2.40 and I have no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I did the following:
Reset the receiver (red button)
Power Cord reset the receiver
Update the software (if available)
Log out of the app
Delete the app and power down the phone
Power up the phone and redownload the app
Sign in and choose the option to authenticate through your TV provider.

Not sure which one of those did the trick. But the app is now working - I can see and access programming on both my HWS.

FYI the new app is still unintuitive and generally a step back in usability.

I mean seriously with the placement of the pause, FF, & RR. The lag when scrubbing video. and no full screen mode... c’mon already.

Terrible!!! Not the end of the world - but terrible.

I just got the new iOS app. Doesn't work. Phone works fine on wifi and LTE for other things.

In settings, Live TV and DVR show Hopper (green light). No recordings though.

Guide will not show. Error getting guide data. It says Retry, but I find no way to do that. Same problem on LTE or wifi

On Remote, volume does not work (only using wifi on same network as receiver. Neither does power button.

DVR shows error loading content for recordings.

In Profiles, it does not list any. Hitting the plus sign says to create a passcode for switching from Kid to Admin profile so evidently, all extra profiles are Kid profiles.. Does this mean that Admin profile is hidden?

I got the app working. I had to uninstall and then reinstall it. Once that was done, the dish app ask for my login information even though I had it in the TV provider section of my iOS settings.

I just got the new iOS app. Doesn't work. Phone works fine on wifi and LTE for other things......

Reactions: TheKrell
I know if you don't have the hopper it won't work anymore period! I am very disappointed. I do not want the hopper Joey system I am fine with my dual 722. And my622 for my rv. Bummed can't use dish anywhere anymore

I know if you don't have the hopper it won't work anymore period! I am very disappointed. I do not want the hopper Joey system I am fine with my dual 722. And my622 for my rv. Bummed can't use dish anywhere anymore

This is why I was forced over to the dark side (the hated CUI). I noticed that when DishAnywhere and then iVOD sporadially stopped working on my 722. I think Dish switched Sling protocols, making our Sling Adapters completely useless. This is probably why the 922's had Sling disabled as well.

Reactions: GRG and Jim S.
I have a SlingBox HD that plugs into the component outputs of my Hopper 3 and would also work with the component outputs off a 722, it still works great. In fact the interface is BETTER than the Dish Anywhere interface.

My SlingBox is an SB-300 model that takes the component video and either the L/R RCA audio or Toslink audio and pumps it out over my internet connection similar to what the Sling adapter did.

You can pick one up on eBay for less than $75.

• Love
Reactions: GRG and TheKrell
I have a SlingBox HD that plugs into the component outputs of my Hopper 3

And better still gives you a 2nd output to "Sling" in addition to the one built in. I have a Hava Platinum "HD", which has unfortunately developed an analog sync problem which I have yet to track down. But that thing would allow me to stream one input to 5 different outputs on my LAN. Will your SlingBox do that?

Reactions: GRG
Only one outbound connection but it is accessible via login to my SlingBox account from anywhere in the world.

Like you inferred, the SingBox uses the local video output while DA has its own output so that allows two remote viewers simultaneously on different channels if they wish.

The best thing about SlingBox is the remote emulation, it displays your Dish Network remote on screen beside you video so you click buttons with the mouse or touch screen not a klunky remote like Roku or the on screen buttons like the DA app.

Reactions: GRG and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)