Dish at 2nd home

magilla77

Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
East Texas
Friend told me I can add dish at lake house on my current account. Dish rep says no I will need 2nd account.

Anybody know facts for sure?

It's very questionable.. I've heard yeah you can.. and no you cant..

If you install it yourself I doubt they could say otherwise.. or you could "move" to that location.. and leave you're boxes at the other location..

Dish contracts list one home as one account. Using service at two locations is a violation of the contract and Dish will shut off one or both locations if you get caught. That being said, people have service at two locations on one account, you just can't call from other location and have service calls done there either.

How many receivers are on your account ?? If it's one or two, I think you can "get away with it". Strictly following the rules though, you're not allowed to do this. Is it physically and technically possible to do ?? Absolutely, it is.

Also you might have a problem if they call you and want to verify that all the receivers are in the same location, I have heard that they do this if you do not have a phone line connected to the receiver, the phone number must be the one on your account.

Also you might have a problem if they call you and want to verify that all the receivers are in the same location, I have heard that they do this if you do not have a phone line connected to the receiver, the phone number must be the one on your account.
It is called the DISH Audit Team(or DISH NAZI's) they cut no slack and will check your account and if you don't return their call will turn off your receivers. The fact that you called and asked a CSR probably means you already have a note on your account about possible violations of the agreement.:confused::confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)