Dish Booth Setup

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
We went by the Dish Booth while they were setting up...

Attachments

• Dish Booth.JPG
    Dish Booth.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 474
  • Dish Booth 1.JPG
    Dish Booth 1.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 449
  • Dish Booth 2.JPG
    Dish Booth 2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 448
if dish announces an all hd dual tuner id be impressed, otherwise no! Why do they insist on all these products that rely on high speed internet at the same exact time all the internet co.'s are talking about monthly bandwidth limits? why not a 4 tuners in 1 receiver all with ota tuners, all with hd outputs,all able to share recorded content, all expandable with multiple external hard drives. i mean why have crappie sd video out to an hdtv ??

if dish announces an all hd dual tuner id be impressed, otherwise no! Why do they insist on all these products that rely on high speed internet at the same exact time all the internet co.'s are talking about monthly bandwidth limits? why not a 4 tuners in 1 receiver all with ota tuners, all with hd outputs,all able to share recorded content, all expandable with multiple external hard drives. i mean why have crappie sd video out to an hdtv ??
also why not make able to run at 1080P over a home network (NOT the internet) In fact why not build the whole thing a multiport wired/wireless router for home distribution? have a coax-out to carry off-the-air channels and also double as a remote extender? sort of an all-in-one whole house entertainment system.

Last edited:
also why not make able to run at 1080P over a home network (NOT the internet) In fact why not build the whole thing a multiport wired/wireless router for home distribution? have a coax-out to carry off-the-air channels and also double as a remote extender? sort of an all-in-one whole house entertainment system.

great ideas. how much do you think one of those would cost?

and how much do you think dish cust would pay to get one?

think about it. how many times do you hear people complaining about there receiver fees, or upgrade fees. Dish is in the business of tv to the masses not for home theater people only. I bet you 75% of people with dish wouldn't be able to use something like that.

I personaly say stop the 2 room crap. Build a box for each room.

I like the idea of a whole house box but what I would like better is to keep my current configuration and have them lower my bill. Now that would be the greatest CES invention!:rolleyes: lol

Last edited:
They already did its not there fault if you don't know how to use it!!!:eek:
Don't be so curt.....All (dual tuner) features are limited to one tv. Can you get independent PIP on both tv's? Can you record 2 different shows in both rooms which equates to 4 different programs on one box at the same time? Unless I do not know how to use my boxes I don't think you can.... I guess the problem is in advertising/marketing.

Last edited:
Don't be so curt.....All (dual tuner) features are limited to one tv. Can you get independent PIP on both tv's? Can you record 2 different shows in both rooms which equates to 4 different programs on one box at the same time? Unless I do not know how to use my boxes I don't think you can.... I guess the problem is in advertising/marketing.
Let me know when any other company has one.

I like the idea of a whole house box but what I would like better is to keep my current configuration and have them lower my bill. Now that would be the greatest CES invention!:rolleyes: lol

Would be GREAT until the Box went bad:mad:

My AT&T phone line went out and was 4 days until they got it going again..

couple of pics from the dish booth. showing 922 remote, sling adapter, 2nd room hd viewing, directv sidebyside comparison.

Attachments

• DSC00929 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00929 (Medium).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00930 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00930 (Medium).JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC00932 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00932 (Medium).JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC00933 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00933 (Medium).JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC00938 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00938 (Medium).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 326
great ideas. how much do you think one of those would cost?

and how much do you think dish cust would pay to get one?

think about it. how many times do you hear people complaining about there receiver fees, or upgrade fees. Dish is in the business of tv to the masses not for home theater people only. I bet you 75% of people with dish wouldn't be able to use something like that.

I personaly say stop the 2 room crap. Build a box for each room.
In reality I think it would be alot less money than you think, but it would require someone getting off his ass and working. most features mentioned are available in most any media server software, i believe dish uses linux os anyway and ubuntu (and others) already offer media server os systems (open source) they could easily modify to work. I find it absurd to continue producing receivers with sd outputs on all models when you cant buy sd tv's anymore. I mean seriously how many 4:3 format tv's are even available anymore? I'm not now or did I state in my previous post say all dish receivers do this just 1 .

Just go back to the booth and ask them what is going to happen to our 508 DVRs. And when. Who knows, someone might slip up and actually answer.

What's the huge server for? I thought everything came from the satellites? ;)

I can see it now. The DirecTV guy going over to the side by side...looking at the channel and telling the engineers to crank up the bit rate on that video stream. That's if, it is live TV.

DISH 2010/CES
And is VIP922 is not out yet ,.. since last spring/09
Not really care about this year probably present the VIP922 again

Last edited:
Hey Scott, I guess what I want is more about distribution, the ability to share recorded programs to every tv and the ability to have multiple signals available to multiple tvs. i.e I have 6 hdtv's in my home I would like, for example the ability to have 4 different live programs on 4 tv's and 2 tv's could watch recorded programs. with ALL recorded programs in 1 place instead of 4 separate places. Also is this what the Sling receiver 300 does for a single receiver, and could it work with multiple receivers on the same network?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)