Dish called me about OLN today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Let me break this whole issue down for you real easy and you can decide where you want to point the finger of blame.

When the NHL entered into a carriage CONTRACT with OLN, the NHL stipulated in that legally binding contract, that OLN could ONLY deliver games to Cable or DBS companies that carried OLN in a tier that was subscribed to by 80 PERCENT of THAT particular companies' subs.

This means that if 80 percent of the companies' subscribers do not get OLN on their set then OLN was NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED to transmit the GAME signal to that company PERIOD.

OLN's agreement with dish is to provide programming and is subject to OLN's transmission agreement with the SOURCE of programming, which in this case is the NHL. Prior to Dish dropping OLN, dish subs got alternative programming on OLN while NHL hockey was suppose to be on.

OLN made it VERY CLEAR to Dish that they would need to move OLN to a tier that 80 percent of its subs received if DISH wanted THEIR SUBS to get hockey.

Dish knew they had to do this for months, yet FAILED to act. They were notified the day the deal with the NHL was done.

THE FACT of the matter is that DISH wanted OLN in the higher tier HOPING more people would buy the AT180 in order to get OLN and Hockey, they were BANKING on enough people jumping to the AT 180 to get OLN and push them over the 80 percent requirement. UNFORTUNATELy that never happened.

To save face, CHEAP CHARLIE decided to point the finger at OLN rather than move OLN to the lower tier and keep HIS subs happy. He was seeing $$$$$$$ with people jumping up to the AT 180 for OLN and it didn't happen...

OLN NEVER asked for a penny more for it's programming. That was a CHEAP CHARLIE's ploy to smear OLN ... the one who wanted more $$$ was Charlie ... and he wanted it from YOU, the loyal SUBS

THE REALITY is he doesn't care what his subs watch because he knows he has them stuck in a long term contract ....

Charlie was hoping that this move would force his hockey subs into buying Center Ice as an alternative for their hockey programming ... Only to have the OLN games be blacked out on Center Ice per league rules

Blame the NHL for wanting its games to be broadcast on a level the vast majority of America has access to and can afford ...

Blame OLN for abiding by its contract with the NHL ...

Or balme CHEAP Charlie for holding a grudge to anything Comcast ... and trying to get more $$$$$$ out of his SUBS

You be the judge

ONLY OLN will carry the the Conference finals and the first 2 games of the Stanley Cup ...

Thanks for that impartial and totally balanced assesment of the situation. You get the Tony Snow award presented by Geraldo Revera and Niel Cavuto for that totally unbiased explanation. :)

OLN and Dish had a contract.
OLN changed the terms of the contract in mid contract
Dish refused.
OLN provided something OTHER than regular programming (thus the name "alternate")
Dish drops OLN for breach of contract.

End of story.

See ya
Tony

There has got to be more to this story. I'm not really doubting that Charlie is cheap, but this doesn't sound like a good decision on the NHL's part at all. So the NHL stipulates that a satellite service must have 80% subbed to OLN in order to receive the games? For what reason? I guess this COULD work to increase the number of homes the games will reach, but doesn't the actual outcome seem much more likely? Afterall, it IS OLN....nowhere near as popular as ESPN or just about any other cable network that you've heard of. Would the NHL really want to risk losing even more exposure? You would think after last year, they would be fighting to put hockey in every home that wants it. Common sense would tell them that the 80% was risky, and I'm betting that the NHL execs have common sense. So what ELSE is going on? ;)

Yep OLN had a CONTRACT with Dish and that contract is SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITONS of transmission agreement with the SOURCE ...

OLN BROKE NO CONTRACT WITH DISH ... If they had CHEAP CHARLIE would have dragged OLN to court in a heartbeat .... that never happened and for good reason.

I posted FACTS ... PERIOD

If you THINK you are right ... PRODUCE THE contract that DISH BROKE ... yep that's right YOU CAN'T because there isn't one .... You know it Charlie knows and every exec at OLN and the NHL know it ....

In fact OLN kept HONORING their contract by providing alternative programming while hockey was on for DISH subs ...

The NHL stance is simple ... they do not want Companies doing what dish did ... put OLN on the most expensive tier and jack the SUBS who want to watch hockey ... the want the BEST market penetration possible for their sport

It is NOT a matter of being in 80 percent of the HOMES ... it is a matter of being on a TIER that AT LEAST 80 percent of the subs have ... In 99 percent of the cases the other 20 percent of the subs have TIERS HIGHER and include OLN ... meaning 100 percent penetration for the NHL on OLN

If you are a hockey fan and have the channel the game is on you are most likely going to tune in ... deosn't matter if it is OLN, ESPN, FX, MSG ... etc ....

In the case of dish ONLY 36 percent of the SUBS would have receive OLN ... however if it were on tha AT 60 (which is the only tier 80 percent of the subs have) OLN would have been available to 100 percent of the DISH subs ....

It is funny .... that of ALL the CABLE and DBS companies ... DISH was the only one NOT to get OLN on the proper TIER ... that's right THE ONLY ONE ...

CHARLIE knew he had people bound by contract and FORCED them into buying CENTER ICE if they want the NHL ... call a CSR at DISH and ask them about Center Ice, Black outs, The conference finals and the first 2 games of the cup ... they get a little irritated.

Last edited:
Hockey/Smockey

I could give a flying you know what about the GD Hockey.
It is because of a bunch of hockey puckers that we are left without PBR or the Tour.
:mad: I was not getting Hockey last year, I was paying for OLN and getting the sports I wanted. At this point WHO THE HELL cares who is to blame, why can't it get settled. I blame both sides, but I am a Dish customer, so I probably blame Dish a little more. They are keeping us in the dark, when they do answer an email they quote to you that the sides are still talking. This is the worst Customer treatment I have seen in a long time. I do not have any contract obligations with DISH, I really wanted to move to their HD service, but not now. I just called up Insight Cable and thanks to the notes above, I have decided to leave DishNetwork. With Cable, I have no obligation, I can leave and go to Dish or Direct whenever I want. If E* & OLN finally resolve their conflict, I might come back but in the meantime (probably at least a year) Charlie will loose my $1200 for the year!:mad:

Below is a press release from today. I am not suggesting PBR has more fans than Hockey, but I suggesting which sport is growing and which sport is declining.

As Sport Grows, Both Network and PBR Reap Benefits of a Solid Partnership

STAMFORD, Ct (March 28, 2006) - OLN® and the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) announced yesterday that the network will continue as the cable home of the PBR through 2010. As it has since 2003, OLN will televise the PBR on Saturday and Sunday nights throughout the PBR season, which includes, at minimum, 22 regular season events and the PBR World Finals, as well as three Challenger Tour events, including the Challenger Tour World Finals. The Challenger Tour is the secondary level within PBR's multi-tiered event structure.

"The PBR represents more than 100 hours of top-rated, prime time programming on our network," said Gavin Harvey, President of OLN. "Our partners at the PBR continually impress us with their dedication and innovation concerning every aspect of bull riding – from the marketing, to the presentation of the event, to the bulls and the riders – they are tireless in growing the profile and the popularity of the sport. We look forward to working with Randy Bernard and his team to continue the sports' phenomenal growth."

"OLN has been a great home for the PBR. Our consistent prime time slot has given loyal PBR fans very reliable and high quality programming and I am proud to say that OLN has always endeavored to enhance the television production," said Randy Bernard, CEO of the PBR. "OLN devotes great care to coordinating a first-class production team of knowledgeable professionals, and while managing their business, they always make every effort to weigh what is in the best interest of the PBR, our athletes, and, of course, our fans. I am proud of the longevity of our relationship with OLN and of giving PBR fans dependable programming."

The PBR has enjoyed solid growth ever since its inception in 1992. From 2003 – 2005 the PBR saw a 49 percent increase in its fan base, making it one of the fastest growing sports in the United States.* On television, the property delivers solid audiences week to week, averaging 381,000 total viewers per telecast in the first quarter of 2006, pacing 10 percent ahead of where it was at this time last year. Additionally, younger viewers have been coming to the PBR in droves, with men 25-54 up 10 percent as compared to last year and a whopping 43 percent as compared to 2003, when OLN began televising the events.

In addition to ratings success on OLN, the PBR continues to sell out arenas across the country. From Massachusetts and Missouri to California and Connecticut, fans line up to get up close and personal with their favorite bulls, like Mossy Oak Mudslinger, Smokeless Wardance and Ugly; and their favorite cowboys, like Justin McBride, Adriano Moraes and Chris Shivers. The network has also attracted several advertisers as a result of the partnership with the PBR, including Anheuser-Busch, Bombardier, Dickies, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Ford Trucks, Rocky Boots, and Yamaha Motor Corp.

More than 104 million viewers tune in each year to the PBR on NBC, OLN and on a host of foreign networks across the globe. With over 500 hours of prime time programming annually PBR ranks among the most prolific sports on air, in addition to attracting over one million live event attendees each year with its multi-tiered event structure which includes the marquee Built Ford Tough Series presented by Wrangler, the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company Challenger Tour, the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Tour, and the Discovery Tour, designed specifically for entry level contestants. The PBR's governing board of directors is comprised of renowned bull riders who have developed the event into a stand alone sport which is experiencing unprecedented growth in global popularity. The PBR is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., and has over 600 athletes competing in more than 100 PBR sanctioned competitions.

For additional information on the Professional Bull Riders, please visit www.pbrnow.com or call 719.471.3008.

OLN is the leader in competitive and adrenaline-charged content. Now in more than 63 million homes, OLN is the cable home of the National Hockey League and best-in-class events like The Tour de France, The America's Cup, Professional Bull Riders (PBR), the Boston Marathon and USSA Skiing. The network offers unique programming in four primary areas: Action Sports, Field Sports, Bulls & Rodeo and Awe-Inspiring Series, and is the exclusive home of Survivor in syndication. OLN, a wholly owned company of Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK), is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.

*Two year growth rate from 2003 to 2005 based on the number of respondents who watched or attended various sporting events. Scarborough Sports Marketing 2002-2005.

Slamminc11 said:
well at least how you have decided to see them, yes you did.

Or ... As I KNOW them ... FIRST HAND

I have a challenge to you ... PROVE me WRONG ... come back with FIRST hand FACT to dispell anything I have written!!!!

The FACT is you won't be able to ... I have FIRST hand knowledge of my FACTS and if I wasn't bound by legal agreements I would post them ... until that time comes I can give you the FACTS ... keep calling customer service and ask for a manager ... eventually they will tell you the TRUTH about why OLN is gone ...

So to ANYONE who wants to CRY bunk about my FACTS ... POST something to PROVE any of this WRONG ... if I am wrong or biased or whatever you want to cry ... PROVE me WRONG ... show me the money

Until you can PROVE anything I have written as FALSE ... keep speculating ... or just accept the FACTS

OLN Hockey said:
The NHL stance is simple ... they do not want Companies doing what dish did ... put OLN on the most expensive tier and jack the SUBS who want to watch hockey ... the want the BEST market penetration possible for their sport

It is NOT a matter of being in 80 percent of the HOMES ... it is a matter of being on a TIER that AT LEAST 80 percent of the subs have ... In 99 percent of the cases the other 20 percent of the subs have TIERS HIGHER and include OLN ... meaning 100 percent penetration for the NHL on OLN

If you are a hockey fan and have the channel the game is on you are most likely going to tune in ... deosn't matter if it is OLN, ESPN, FX, MSG ... etc ....

In the case of dish ONLY 36 percent of the SUBS would have receive OLN ... however if it were on tha AT 60 (which is the only tier 80 percent of the subs have) OLN would have been available to 100 percent of the DISH subs ....

I'm sorry, I was probably a little vague earlier. Let me be more clear. OLN stinks on ice! (pun intended). I would never even think about watching that channel if it werent for NHL hockey. To put OLN on AT60 would be an absolute travesty. While its a great channel for a SELECT few, its an overly-specific channel just like Golf channel and Tennis channel. As such, it belongs in 180. The NHL gains absolutely nothing from this 80% clause so I, flat out, just don't believe you.

It looks much more like an attempt for OLN to use its shiny new NHL contract to try and bully providers into putting it into a more mainstream package. AT60 is for channels that appeal to MOST households. Can you really say with a straight face that OLN appeals to MOST households? I hope not. This is just OLN trying to make some quick $$$, and rape NHL fans in the process. If they want so desparately to break into AT60, just put better shows on the network.

I hope I wasnt too vague this time...sorry about earlier

Bluebull32 said:
It looks much more like an attempt for OLN to use its shiny new NHL contract to try and bully providers into putting it into a more mainstream package. AT60 is for channels that appeal to MOST households. Can you really say with a straight face that OLN appeals to MOST households? I hope not. This is just OLN trying to make some quick $$$, and rape NHL fans in the process. If they want so desparately to break into AT60, just put better shows on the network.

I hope I wasnt too vague this time...sorry about earlier

See the difference between YOU and I is I don't draw a conclusion based on how things LOOK ... I base my conclusion on FACTS

Go find any NHL exec who was involved in the deal and they will tell you ... better yet go dig up a copy of the agreement so you can see it for yourself ... Hell talk to any exec at any company that carries OLN it is all out there ... better yet mabe just maybe accept the fact that I may be right, that I may be involved in the dealings GO do some RESEARCH rather than base your opinion on how things LOOK.

Read what your wrote without your conspiracy theory glasses on and with an OPEN mind and you will see how flawed your logic is ...

If OLN is AVAILABLE to EVERY DISH sub there is a good chance that some monday night when the average joe sports fan is flipping through the stations he may just stop and watch a hockey game ... or at the very least he has the OPTION to do so without BEING raped by DISH having to subscribe to the AT180.

You said it yourself ... If it weren't for HOCKEY you wouldn't watch OLN ... so the NHL has EVERTYHING to gain by being on a TIER that just about EVERY sub has access to ... are you familiar with a theory call the law of averages ... or the law of diminishing returns ...

Your own words prove the point that the NHL has everything to gain by being AVAILABLE to as many people as possible. Let's do a controlled equation Let's assume for this instance Dish has 1 million subs on AT180 ... that is a million potential viewers for the NHL with OLN only on AT 180. Now lets also say AT 60 has 3 million subs at the same respective time ... that makes for 4 million potential viewers for the NHL ... 3 million AT 60 and 1 million AT 180 ... YOU tell me who gets raped out of the OPPORTUNITY to have the option to watch the NHL on OLN on DISH ... the guy who can't afforn the AT 180 ...

You need some better logic and some facts to back your theory of HOW THINGS LOOK ... time for some new glasses

The truth is that a portion of people who were AT180 subs were AT180 solely for OLN ... If OLN were in AT 60 then DISH would loose AT 180 subs because now they ONLY need AT 60 to get OLN ... ya follow there ... DISH STOOD TO LOOSE MONEY from people leaving AT 180 for AT 60

DO you all think there is any COINCIDENCE that OLN is on a TIER that 80 percent of the subs get at EVERY OTHER cable and DBS company ...:D :D :D

I hope I was clear ... BTW isn't it nice to know that you now pay more for less with DISH ... did they happen to add another station to make up for taking OLN from ya:hungry:

Hmmmmm really makes ya wonder who is raping who here ... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
OLN Hockey said:
The truth is that a portion of people who were AT180 subs were AT180 solely for OLN ...

How could you POSSIBLY know this? How could anyone really? While youre at it, can you tell me the percentage of people that have signed up for 120 just for Fox News? Youre the guy with the numbers here. Was there a scientific poll conducted? If so, please provode the link. If not, we can all safely assume that your "portion" consists of about 2 or 3 people that you know personally. So quit making stuff up!

OLN is garbage without NHL, and is not AT60 with it!

BTW, you didnt answer my Question. Do you think OLN appeals to MOST households?

Bluebull32 said:
How could you POSSIBLY know this? How could anyone really? While youre at it, can you tell me the percentage of people that have signed up for 120 just for Fox News? Youre the guy with the numbers here. Was there a scientific poll conducted? If so, please provode the link. If not, we can all safely assume that your "portion" consists of about 2 or 3 people that you know personally. So quit making stuff up!

OLN is garbage without NHL, and is not AT60 with it!

BTW, you didnt answer my Question. Do you think OLN appeals to MOST households?

I work with the NHL so I could care less about how appealing OLN is to most housholds ...

The fact of the matter is that OLN DOES HAVE the NHL ... so this "without the NHL" biz is garbage ...

My FACTS about people having AT180 just for OLN is based on more than a few people I know ... Like I said if I weren't bound by certain things called LEGAL AGREEMENTS I would give you a specific # ...

Dish won't tell you how many Subs they have lost as a result of not having OLN ... but there are other companies who will tell you how many SUBS they GAINED because they wanted OLN and couldn't get it with DISH ... SOME companies were even PAYING the early term fees as credits to people who left dish on top of the credit they gave them for giving up the dish

Let me skin this cat in a way I am legally allowed to ... If people LEFT DISH because they couldn't get OLN ... don't you think they were subscribed to AT180 so they could GET OLN .... Are you getting it yet or am I to far out of the box for you to comprehend ... are you doing the math yet here ....

Like I said get off your rear end and do some RESEARCH for yourself ... the info is all out there ....

OLN Hockey said:
I work with the NHL so I could care less about how appealing OLN is to most housholds ...

The fact of the matter is that OLN DOES HAVE the NHL ... so this "without the NHL" biz is garbage ...

My FACTS about people having AT180 just for OLN is based on more than a few people I know ... Like I said if I weren't bound by certain things called LEGAL AGREEMENTS I would give you a specific # ...

Dish won't tell you how many Subs they have lost as a result of not having OLN ... but there are other companies who will tell you how many SUBS they GAINED because they wanted OLN and couldn't get it with DISH ... SOME companies were even PAYING the early term fees as credits to people who left dish on top of the credit they gave them for giving up the dish

Let me skin this cat in a way I am legally allowed to ... If people LEFT DISH because they couldn't get OLN ... don't you think they were subscribed to AT180 so they could GET OLN .... Are you getting it yet or am I to far out of the box for you to comprehend ... are you doing the math yet here ....

Like I said get off your rear end and do some RESEARCH for yourself ... the info is all out there ....

Thanks for (once again) not answering a single one of my questions. You've obviously come onto this forum with an agenda, and had it thrown back in your face by every other member here.

While we are at it, I happen to know that Nearly ALL subscribers think that OLN amounts to dog excrement, BUT..... if I weren't bound by certain things called LEGAL AGREEMENTS I would give you a specific #....sorry, wish I could help.

Come back when you can back something up! Until then, quit misinforming us. It's bad enough that OLN screwed NHL fans. Don't rub salt in the wounds by trying to turn us against our satellite provider.

OLN Hockey said:
Or ... As I KNOW them ... FIRST HAND

I have a challenge to you ... PROVE me WRONG ... come back with FIRST hand FACT to dispell anything I have written!!!!

The FACT is you won't be able to ... I have FIRST hand knowledge of my FACTS and if I wasn't bound by legal agreements I would post them ... until that time comes I can give you the FACTS ... keep calling customer service and ask for a manager ... eventually they will tell you the TRUTH about why OLN is gone ...

So to ANYONE who wants to CRY bunk about my FACTS ... POST something to PROVE any of this WRONG ... if I am wrong or biased or whatever you want to cry ... PROVE me WRONG ... show me the money

Until you can PROVE anything I have written as FALSE ... keep speculating ... or just accept the FACTS

Fact-I didn't watch OLN before hockey
Fact-I wouldn't have watched it even if Dish had carried it with Hockey
Fact-I've seen OLN's version of hockey and
Opinion-It absolutely sucks!
Fact-I am a hockey fan
Opinion-If you really do work for the NHL, you guys got ripped off by OLN
Fact-I am glad that Dish stood up to them and decided not to drop OLN to top60!
Fact-You can say all you want, but because of "legal agreements" you can't provide us your proof then...
Opinion-We can take what you say with a grain of salt!
Fact-I still get to see the Av's play all I want to thanks to Altitude Sports Channel
Fact-I could care less if OLN ever comes back on Dish

Bluebull32 said:
Thanks for (once again) not answering a single one of my questions. You've obviously come onto this forum with an agenda, and had it thrown back in your face by every other member here.

While we are at it, I happen to know that Nearly ALL subscribers think that OLN amounts to dog excrement, BUT..... if I weren't bound by certain things called LEGAL AGREEMENTS I would give you a specific #....sorry, wish I could help.

Come back when you can back something up! Until then, quit misinforming us. It's bad enough that OLN screwed NHL fans. Don't rub salt in the wounds by trying to turn us against our satellite provider.

I answered your questions ... are you blind? ... can't read? .. or just don't process answers that don't "LOOK" good to you? ...

You asked me if I think OLN appeals to most housholds and I told you I could care less ... You asked me how I could POSSIBLY know some things and I told you how ... Sorry you feel I am rubbing salt in your wounds ... I could care less who you use as a DBS provider ... if you want to watch the NHL on OLN and really are a FAN then you will find a way ...

Your speculation is the misinformation my friend ... I will repeat ... EVERYT FACT I have posted can be backed up ... get off your rear end and find it ... I assure you it is out there ...

I know it is far EASIER to sit back and speculate ...

OLN didn't screw anyone ... obviously you have adopted that "LOOK" and are happy sit back and accept it ... good for you ... people like you make the world go around ... enjoy paying more for less it really helps the economy ...

Speaking of questions being answered YOU my friend have answered ONE ... you have failed to post ANYTHING logical ... Print out the posts ... take out your highlighter and get to google ...

Or just be lazy and be happy with the LOOK of your specualtion ...

Slamminc11 said:
Fact-I didn't watch OLN before hockey
Fact-I wouldn't have watched it even if Dish had carried it with Hockey
Fact-I've seen OLN's version of hockey and
Opinion-It absolutely sucks!
Fact-I am a hockey fan
Opinion-If you really do work for the NHL, you guys got ripped off by OLN
Fact-I am glad that Dish stood up to them and decided not to drop OLN to top60!
Fact-You can say all you want, but because of "legal agreements" you can't provide us your proof then...
Opinion-We can take what you say with a grain of salt!
Fact-I still get to see the Av's play all I want to thanks to Altitude Sports Channel
Fact-I could care less if OLN ever comes back on Dish

FACT ....You tooo my friend can't read or comprehend ... Show me where I stated I work FOR the NHL ...

FACT ... No matter who you use to watch your AV's For your sake I certainly hope they are eliminated prior to the conference finals or else you won't find them ANYWHERE on DISH until Game 3 of the Stanley Cup

FACT ... ANY AV's game that OLN chooses to pick up WILL be BLACKED out on EVERY OTHER NETWORK per the NHL's CONTRACT with OLN so have fun TRYING to watch those ANYWHERE other than OLN ...

FACT ... You can take what I say with a grain of salt ... this is AMERICA

FACT ... You can be lazy and accept speculation as fact ...

FACT ... you could do some reading and see EVERYTHING I have posted is true ...

FACT ... DISH didn't stand up to anyone ... THEY terminated an agreement and PAID a fee to do so ... in HOCKEY we call that Turtling Up

OLN Hockey said:
I answered your questions ... are you blind? ... can't read? .. or just don't process answers that don't "LOOK" good to you? ...

You asked me if I think OLN appeals to most housholds and I told you I could care less ... You asked me how I could POSSIBLY know some things and I told you how ... Sorry you feel I am rubbing salt in your wounds ... I could care less who you use as a DBS provider ... if you want to watch the NHL on OLN and really are a FAN then you will find a way .....

I ask you if OLN appeals to most households....That is a YES or NO question. "I could care less" isnt an answer, that's just telling me how you feel about the question. I'm assuming your answer is "no", so it belongs in AT180, end of story. (BTW, the expression is "Couldnt care less" meaning that you care SO little that there is no possible way you could care any less.....you see "could care less" implies that you actually DO care, but i knew what you meant...free lesson for you)

Then I ask you to back up your claims with a link or SOMETHING, and you give me the speach about how you cant tell me legally. You might as well have said "I could tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya". Do me, and everyone on this board a HUGE favor, and only present something as "fact" when you can back it up. This is the internet and, believe it or not, youre not the only one who claims to have some "facts", but cant back it up. I would totally respect your opinions...if you present them as such.

It still looks like OLN's fault for contracting to carry programming it would not be allowed to supply to their existing contract with Dish Network. Obviously Dish and OLN had a contract to carry OLN in the AT180 package. Just because OLN decides to go and sign a contract for content it cannot deliver does not make it Dish Network's fault.

To sit around and say Cheap Charlie for not wanting to pay for OLN for every sub by putting it in AT60 is just plain silly. The number of people that want cheap AT60 far outnumber those that want OLN. Believe it or not hockey is a small sport. Not a lot of people watch it compared to football, basketball, baseball, nascar, etc... do not get me wrong, there are plenty of rabbid hockey fans, but to claim that it is in such demand that it should be offered to all subs is absurd.

Bluebull32 said:
I ask you if OLN appeals to most households....That is a YES or NO question. "I could care less" isnt an answer, that's just telling me how you feel about the question. I'm assuming your answer is "no", so it belongs in AT180, end of story. (BTW, the expression is "Couldnt care less" meaning that you care SO little that there is no possible way you could care any less.....you see "could care less" implies that you actually DO care, but i knew what you meant...free lesson for you)

Then I ask you to back up your claims with a link or SOMETHING, and you give me the speach about how you cant tell me legally. You might as well have said "I could tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya". Do me, and everyone on this board a HUGE favor, and only present something as "fact" when you can back it up. This is the internet and, believe it or not, youre not the only one who claims to have some "facts", but cant back it up. I would totally respect your opinions...if you present them as such.

Like I said you only like answers that LOOK a certain way ... If you want a YES or NO move to Cuba. Asking me to speculate if OLN appeals to most housholds is asking for MY OPINION ... I gave you MY OPINION on the matter and that is I could care less. Your question is most likely better asked of someone who has done a study on the topic. ... MY OPINION has nothing to do with the FACTS surrounding what happened between DISH and OLN

LIke you said it is the Internet ... If you really want to facts ... you can find them ...

If you want to pay my six digit salary for the next 8 years ... I would be glad to bring you every document that backs this all up ...

I guess it all boils down to how much you care about the facts and what your willing to do to get them ...

I find it humorous that you jump on me about answering questions and the basis of my inofrmation ...when you you have yet to answer a single question, or provide a logical response to anything that has been written ...

You question the NHL's motives ... yet you have yet tell me ...

In your most logical opinion ... Do you find it a coincidence that OLN is located on a TIER that AT LEAST 80 percent of the SUBS, for each company that carries it, are subscribed to?

If it weren't part of the Deal why would all these companies put OLN in a TIER that 99 percent of their subs have access too? Afterall you have stated how it is a specialty channel that is only watched by a select few ... could they ALL be wrong on this one

If a person canceled their DISH service because they wanted to watch OLN, couldn't one safely conclude there were people subscribed to AT 180 so they could get OLN? Afterall once it was gone they would have no reason to cancel right?

Are you aware that MANY cable and DBS companies took out FULL PAGE ads to pull in people dumping DISH because they wanted OLN?

I think it is cute the way you disagree with me , and REALY REALLY don't like what I posted ... I think it is even more cute that you want me to leave because I am ruining your Fantasy World ...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Welllll.... I guess with that little friendly exchage I am going to close the thread. There is nowhere it can go from here.
OLN Hockey thinks Charlie is the devil and OLN is being played by Linda Blair. In either case the subscribers get to clean up the pea soup.

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts