Dish called me about OLN today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speak UP

I encourage everyone to write to ceo@echostar.com and voice your displeasure. I too hate to switch, I have a lot invested in E*, but if they continue to ignore their customer base then we must do what we all probably did once before, switch from Cable or C-Band to Dish. Making that decision was not easy either, I was a very early adopter of C-Band because I hated the Cable monopoly and poor customer service. If I must bite the bullet again and if enough of us do, then perhaps are message will be heard by Charlie himself. So, I PLEASE write an email to ceo@echostar.com and do it within the next couple of days, so they see a major influx of customer complaints. If you can take the time to read these forums and maybe even post a reply, you can take the time to send a short note to CHARLIE!

cycling fan needs his OLN back

I'm really suffering without OLN also and have my fingers crossed that OLN/Comcast and dish come to a resolution soon so I can watch cycling on OLN/151 again. I hate missing Paris-nice and san-remo this weekend.

Also per your request I sent an email to Dish regarding the status of OLN on dish. The reply I got basically said OLN/comcast and Dish are still talking :(

As did I, but to tell them that I am glad they are standing up to the demands of OLN. As long as Dish doesn't cave into channels like OLN, then others can't follow suit and hold their channels hostage. If I just have to watch hockey that bad, I can go to the bar!

ccash said:
Ride525,

I have been calling and emailing about OLN & SportsNet NY (the new RSN here in NY) for a few months now. Stock replies until last night. I got a call from a suit at the executive office that said not to give up yet. He said we should know one way or the other shortly. Now I’m a 9+ year sub spending $115 a month and I have heard this all before. I honestly think they are just trying to suck another few months out of me. So, take this for what this probably worth…. Nothing!
Dish won't put SNY in their line up...Same as YES....Charlie will not add anything he can't make $$ from....Cleveland Indians fans had beter get used to cable as well....I don't think the new Indians channel will be added either..
I think Dish will take a hit in the NY area becuase there is no Mets or Yankees baseball for Dish customers...Charlie should be ashamed..No baseball in NYC? ....That's un American..

dishcomm said:
Dish won't put SNY in their line up...Same as YES....Charlie will not add anything he can't make $$ from....Cleveland Indians fans had beter get used to cable as well....I don't think the new Indians channel will be added either..
I think Dish will take a hit in the NY area becuase there is no Mets or Yankees baseball for Dish customers...Charlie should be ashamed..No baseball in NYC? ....That's un American..

I just switched from Dish Network to DirecTV. The main reason is the cheap CEO of Dish Network and the Poor CSR's from overseas. Dish will get channels like the documentary channel, voom channels, international channels, the tennis channel, sports packages like CRICKET because they are all INEXPENSIVE. DirecTV will pay for the YES Network, the Exclusive rights to NFL Ticket (they paid 3.5 Billion Dollars) Yes Billion etc, etc. Also Dish is clearly not geared for the entire northeast and mid atlantic. look where they put up their satellites. HD in that region needs 2 sat dishes and because you can't get the 129 satellite from that region. the entire rest of the country needs only 1 dish for HD. Charlie,s base is the midwest, rural america, and international programing. If you live in the NY Baseball footprint not having Dish Network would be a no brainer.

Slamminc11 said:
As did I, but to tell them that I am glad they are standing up to the demands of OLN. As long as Dish doesn't cave into channels like OLN, then others can't follow suit and hold their channels hostage. If I just have to watch hockey that bad, I can go to the bar!
True they should not cave in, but they took OLN off. If the dispute was over the Hockey, then so be it, but why should we subscribers loose the rest of OLN programming because of Hockey. Besides, this is one of the reasons (not only reason) I signed up for a higher package. I feel I was paying for OLN and I did not get a voice in it being removed or a rebate when they did it. If I have to pay a few bucks extra a month by switching to D* then that may be necessary, but at least that is MY CHOICE, even though E* is pushing me that direction. My other complaint is that they are leaving us in the dark and not giving us enough information to make a decision. If they would just level with us and either say they are done and no OLN for the foreseeable future or still negotiating in good faith and expect a satisfactory outcome in the next xx weeks, then I could make my decision. I would hate to go to all the trouble of switching to D*, only to find out they reach agreement with OLN a week or two later, and neither do I want to hang on to hope for a few months more (this has been going on since Oct 2005) only to find out there was not hope from the beginning!

Movie_Nut said:
True they should not cave in, but they took OLN off. If the dispute was over the Hockey, then so be it, but why should we subscribers loose the rest of OLN programming because of Hockey. Besides, this is one of the reasons (not only reason) I signed up for a higher package. I feel I was paying for OLN and I did not get a voice in it being removed or a rebate when they did it. If I have to pay a few bucks extra a month by switching to D* then that may be necessary, but at least that is MY CHOICE, even though E* is pushing me that direction. My other complaint is that they are leaving us in the dark and not giving us enough information to make a decision. If they would just level with us and either say they are done and no OLN for the foreseeable future or still negotiating in good faith and expect a satisfactory outcome in the next xx weeks, then I could make my decision. I would hate to go to all the trouble of switching to D*, only to find out they reach agreement with OLN a week or two later, and neither do I want to hang on to hope for a few months more (this has been going on since Oct 2005) only to find out there was not hope from the beginning!
geeeee I guess when they REMOVED the channel should have clued you in on how negociations were going

I would hate to go to all the trouble of switching to D*, only to find out they reach agreement with OLN a week or two later, and neither do I want to hang on to hope for a few months more (this has been going on since Oct 2005) only to find out there was not hope from the beginning!
"Oct 2005" ?
Check the calendar: it's now March 2006.
Looks like you are into double overtime.
And still hangin' on? ;)

What about some pressure on the other end?
Tell OLN that you're sticking with Dish and they can stick their $ up their ....
So far, most all the suggestions have been to put pressure on Dish.
Kick the shins of the other side a little, too. ;)

dishcomm said:
I think Dish will take a hit in the NY area becuase there is no Mets or Yankees baseball for Dish customers.

Doesn't WPIX show Mets games? It is not only a local NY channel, but it is also a Superstation.

Any OLN updates lately?

I'd really like to be able to watch the Tour when it comes along...

This is 1 of the 2 channels I miss from my Comcast days (other naturally Sportsnet Philly).

OLN isn't coming back to Dish any time soon. Dish will take the channel back under the old contract terms only. OLN will not agree to that. So that's the end of that!

See ya
Tony

stone phillips420 said:
i know this, as im watching it right now, if dish refuses to add oln back the least they could do is add nhl network

The NHL Network is only active in Canada...

Translated - Dish cannot carry it.

no hockey, no football no stankess whats next no basketball on dish
pretty soon all they will have is that lousy cricket
Charlie you cheap son of a bitch
Hanukkah is months away:)

Why doesn't Charlie make the same offer to OLN that he made to Lifetime? Offer to pay OLN for each subscriber that calls in and requests it. With Lifetime, Dish was going to offer it free to the subscriber -- for OLN, I would gladly pay an a la carte fee (at least until the NHL playoffs are over)!

This is really upsetting that we won't be able to see the NHL playoffs 2 years in a row. We should actually be seeing them in HD by now....

grb said:
Why doesn't Charlie make the same offer to OLN that he made to Lifetime? Offer to pay OLN for each subscriber that calls in and requests it. With Lifetime, Dish was going to offer it free to the subscriber -- for OLN, I would gladly pay an a la carte fee (at least until the NHL playoffs are over)!

This is really upsetting that we won't be able to see the NHL playoffs 2 years in a row. We should actually be seeing them in HD by now....
Charlie can offer whatever he wants, but if OLN decides to stand their ground as Charlie is now, then there isn't much Dish can do. I for one am glad Dish is standing their ground and not giving in. Yeah you might not get to see the playoffs from your couch now, but in the long run, it will pay off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)