dish called today trying to stop me from cancelling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
had cable for four days now, called dish a week ago to tell them to cancel effective monday. got the call today trying to get me to stay. here is what they said.

they said i was a long term customer and asked why i am cancelling. i told them lack of hd. they asked what i have now that i didn't with dish. i told them network locals, inhd 1 and 2. then he said dish is continually looking at adding hd. i told them that charlie said nothing would be added until the end of the year.

discussion came around that i have a hdpvr now. i told him it worked perfectly and that it was included in my promotional price. he tried to say that they had an upcoming promotion to lease a 921 (i think he meant a 942). he then asked if i wanted to buy one. i told him that it made no sense to buy the 921 or 942 since it would not work with mpeg 4. he didn't know what i was talking about.

then asked if i wanted hbo and showtime free for a month to give me some extra hd channels. i told him that i am getting all the movie channels for free for six months.

tried to tell me if i deceide to come back at a later time, that they would not be able to waive the 25 dollar re connect fee. i told him that i have no plans to come back but will be going to direct tv at the end of the year. he asked why and i told him they already have local hd and it went into me telling him that charlie said they would have local hd when shivia was passed. nothing yet on dish.

that should be the last dealings i have with dish unless they don't send me the 34 bucks they owe me.

i wish i could say it was fun the entire time with dish, had a good 2 and half years, hellish third.

nice knowing ya dish.

Unbelievable.

#1) You called and told them to cancel Monday. They call you back on TUESDAY. Wouldn't you think they would have called you BEFORE you wanted your service cancelled to try and get you to stay. Doesn't do much good after the fact now does it.

#2) Dish may be 'looking at HD' but when you have their CEO saying they are adding nothing for a good long while it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there's a huge difference between 'looking' and 'doing'.

#3) I bet they *do* plan on leasing the 921 to begin with. They have a lot of them that are effectively discontinued and outdated based on the 942. With that said, why in the world would you want to *buy* one? That makes no sense for them to even ask that question.

#4) Quote - "i told him that it made no sense to buy the 921 or 942 since it would not work with mpeg 4. he didn't know what i was talking about."

Par for the course with this company and their call center employees. The right hand has no idea what their left hand is doing. Crap training, no information about technology given to these people, different answers when you talk to different people at the same phone number. They do not have it together.

#5) Oh boy, free HD movie channels for a whole month! Wow! :rolleyes:

#6) They can't waive the $25 reconnect fee? LOL! Are they threatening you? Why in the world would this matter to someone who is interested in HD content? Again, amazing they would even tell you this.

I'm on the bubble myself. Been paying them $100+ for nearly three years now but getting the runaround about swapping out my 301's for 811's. If I don't get help soon from them, I'll spend the $2K for an all D* HD setup. I hate to move to an entirely new setup and relearn new hardware and channels but I don't have time for crappy customer service when the HD content is not even as good as their competitors.

That's funny. I wouldn't see any leasings about the 921, sounds like they are waiting and setting the 942 out as lease. If they wanted to lease the 921, it would have been done by now.

Boy that sure makes you want to come back when they said that they charge a $25 reconnect fee and they will NOT waive it and they wonder why you are leaving and not coming back? It probably wouldn't take much more to get me on over to DirecTv. I've just had Dish so long and been comfortable with that type of setup/channel arrangement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts