• No

Votes: 189 82.2%

• Total voters

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Please try to consolidate posts on cancelling/switching to this thread.

It might keep frustration from filtering to other threads and give us an idea what the real impact is from people who frequent this forum.

It is kind of funny seeing how fired up people get about a couple of television channels that Dish will carry "soon", but hey, it's a free country and that's what capitalism is all about. When SciFi and USA are added in HD, I think I'll be happier about the end of the whining than I will be about the actual channels.

I switched 6 months ago because I knew how dish operates and I suspected that this was going to happen. As far as people belly aching, I think if dish actually added the channels we wanted there would be no belly aching.

Im going to add a poll to this thread, Im intrested in the numbers too.

It would have to take alot more then just "missing" a few channels that I can still watch but just not in a certain format to make me switch. So I answered NO :).

I voted no...but will wait until May 1st and then will get directv if theres no scifiHD and I've been with dish for over 8 years

I voted Yes although technically, I still have both. And my reason was not SciFiHD. I watch BSG on DVD when I have time and can watch as many episodes as I want. My reason was SpeedHD. I am a fanatic about racing and I couldn't bare the thought of watching another season of GrandAm and ALMS on the overcompressed blurry channel on E*. I just took Charlie's advice on the last Chat. If some other provider has a channel you want, go there instead of E*.

I'm just curious...

With everything I have read on these boards, D* is better in Programming, HD Channels, Equipment and Customer sat than E*.

So what keeps people that TALK about switching, from actually doing it?

Seems that If the grass was so much greener, then it would be a done deal.

Am I missing something?

I'm just curious...

With everything I have read on these boards, D* is better in Programming, HD Channels, Equipment and Customer sat than E*.

So what keeps people that TALK about switching, from actually doing it?

Seems that If the grass was so much greener, then it would be a done deal.

Am I missing something?
Upfront equipment cost, and a lot of DVR'd content that would be lost. And most people say the 622/722 hardware is better than the HR20/21.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)