DISH Channel Moves Coming

TheVertMan said:
Looks to me like Dish is going for some kind of grouping among the 290 channels. Reelz & Epix 3 are already there and soon two new channels will join the crowd. Why not make it a five pack with the movie of SoapNet to the group?

SOAPNet was supposed to shut down in January 2012 but the network was apparently more popular than they initially thought as they postponed shutting it down. I actually like the reruns of the old Beverly Hills 90210. This is a network owned by the family of Disney networks so I can't see them allowing it to be placed with Epix, Reelz or Ovation as a mini-package of some type.

SoapNet was going to be rebranded Disney Jr. (Playhouse Disney). The postponement has nothing to do with the popularity of SoapNet. It has to do with the typical Disney strong-arm carriage tactics with carriers. Comcast, Time Warner, Cox Communications, DirecTV and Verizon Fios have all balked at carrying Disney Junior (which will be much more expensive than Soapnet is). According to Soap Opera Network web site: "The new deals would cover carriage agreements for powerhouses ESPN, Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC Family and even the ABC Television Network"

SoapNet was going to be rebranded Disney Jr. (Playhouse Disney). The postponement has nothing to do with the popularity of SoapNet. It has to do with the typical Disney strong-arm carriage tactics with carriers. Comcast, Time Warner, Cox Communications, DirecTV and Verizon Fios have all balked at carrying Disney Junior (which will be much more expensive than Soapnet is). According to Soap Opera Network web site: "The new deals would cover carriage agreements for powerhouses ESPN, Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC Family and even the ABC Television Network"
I am NOT a big Disney watcher..but don't they already have DisneyXD or some such junk that kinda sounds similar to Disney Jr?

TNGTony said:

Agh.... I see. I guess (at least in my home) SoapNet would be watched more than the new network - which isn't that much. Would it be common for Disney to require carriage of the network if your cable or satellite company wishes to continue carrying, say, ESPN? It seems like I remember a dispute something similar to that a while back.

Wasn't Disney XD kinda their answer for the young boys and the regular Disney Channel would predominantly have the programming for young girls? I thought I saw that somewhere.

Funny thing is that Disney Junior existed as a channel internationally for a while. They kind of missed the boat on this one. As for SoapNet, that's in such an odd place to begin with, how can they package it with the rest, without moving it.

I'm thinking Dish moved Soapnet, knowing after Disney re-branded it, they would want a ridiculous sum for it and Dish could just drop it without people noticing since it was not close to any other popular channels

I'm thinking Dish moved Soapnet, knowing after Disney re-branded it, they would want a ridiculous sum for it and Dish could just drop it without people noticing since it was not close to any other popular channels

Yeah, we will never have to worry about Disney Jr., because we will never see it. No SOON, there........

did universal hd move from channel 366 to what channel? i know its on channel 9247 but what other channel.... ty for and help and replies :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts