Dish Cinema False Charge

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
I downloaded "Killers" back in October after seeing it was a free download on Dish Cinema. I can vaguely recall someone else mentioning this free movie previously. I received my latest bill today and was actually charged for this free movie. I called CSR and was told that it actually is showing as a charge now and that she couldn't credit the false charge back to me. What a load of crap DISH!!!!! You adverstise something as free then charge me two plus months later after the movie now has a charge. Avoid DISH cinema like the plague if it states free.
attachment.php

Last edited:
FREE was for Standard Def. Is that what you ordered, or the HD for $6.99? You would not be the first person to have made that mistake, IF you did.

I watched the trailer of "Get him to the Greek" a day ago on DISH cinema. I did NOT order it and canceled out after watching it. The next day I noticed using remote access on my account, that I had the movie listed under rentals. Sure enough checked on the receiver and it was there with 23 hours remaining. So I got charged for $4.99 for an sd movie I didn't order. So yes, AVOID Dish Cinema, unless you want to pay a boat load of money for charges you didn't want.

I got my account PPV/VOD credit limit set to $0. No more spurious charges. No VOD, DishOnline, or PPV either (unless it's free).

I have my PPV/VOD credit limit set to $0 also. I have had random pop ups asking if I want to rent a movie that I never wanted in the first place.

Well if you guys would start taking Dish to court for their behavior, maybe they'd do something about it.

I can't take them to court because I never order PPV or VOD as a matter of principle. It's a waste of time and space and I wish they'd get rid of the whole thing.

"I got my account PPV/VOD credit limit set to $0."

How does one do that? On the website or is there an option buried in the setup menu somewhere?
Thanks1

Well if you guys would start taking Dish to court for their behavior, maybe they'd do something about it.

I can't take them to court because I never order PPV or VOD as a matter of principle. It's a waste of time and space and I wish they'd get rid of the whole thing.

Well, we hereby hire you as our attorney. Go get 'em Matlock...or are you up to Barry Sheck now?:rolleyes:

I did it via chat while I was arguing over the spurious charges. No more spurious charges. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts