DISH Comcast Dispute?

I am apparently in the minority but I can't even remember the last time I watched USA Network. Am I missing something? Does the WWE drive its popularity?
Same here I watch absolutely NOTHING on any of these channels. Most of them have went from being good 15-20 years ago USA, Syfy (remember the REAL Sci-Fi Channel), Bravo, to nothing but absolute crap. USA has had some good original programming from time to time, but not in a while (at least to me).

I have dish and fios so I am good. Fios dumped the weather channel but besides that not to many programming fights . Been with dish for 17 years and countless fighting. Yet my programming cost go up every year. It's just drama.

I have dish and fios so I am good. Fios dumped the weather channel but besides that not to many programming fights . Been with dish for 17 years and countless fighting. Yet my programming cost go up every year. It's just drama.
So out of curiosity, why do you maintain both? That's got to be a hell of a monthly "nut".

This is a perfect example of why it is always a good idea to have access to a aerial if at all possible. At least you can get it OTA that way.
If I could have OTA , I would.
But extreme efforts have to be taken just to get a few ION, and WB stations.
I can't get any of the Big 4.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: peggy97850
Lucky for me I just switched to DirecTV almost two weeks ago, sorry to see this happen to Dish, I hope it gets resolved before the channels get removed. I bet NBCUniversal/Comcast wants more money to pay off their recent TV Rights renewals with NFL, NHL, WWE, The IOC, and the addition of NASCAR on their channels. Greed is always good or always bad.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

I have a lot of feelings on these disputes. I don't think it is fair that a handful of companies own dozens of channels and use the one or two good ones that they have as negotiating tools for all the lousy channels they force the providers to take. We're not privy to the negotiations so we really don't know if allowing contracts to expire are effective in negotiating lower rates. The people subscribing to pay TV are declining each year, and the people left are paying on average $100/mo for TV, so I really think they have a right to be upset about any disruption in service.

Reactions: peggy97850
Welp, WWE had Micheal Cole tell the WWE fans watching Dish to contact Dish and demand them to keep USA and all that dispute related propaganda produced by NBCUniversal/Comcast.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Reactions: krauser1
Just ran the dish vs comcast on live TV via Monday night raw on USA. Ever since I moved and couldn't get dish, I can definitely say I don't miss these disputes. What Dish charges for basic TV I get with comcast plus internet now.

Comcast had the Monday Night Raw announcers hype up this thing. If this was November, Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth would be doing NBC's dirty work.

I remember when AMC and Direct had a spat and they scrolled during The Walking Dead last year...I only saw it that one week and it was over. Maybe Dish and Comcast will seal this deal quickly (or so I hope, I;m planning a switch on March 31st to them).

Comcast had the Monday Night Raw announcers hype up this thing. If this was November, Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth would be doing NBC's dirty work.
Well of course the WWE is going to hype this up, Their channel has the potential of getting dropped.
They certainly aren't going to blame Comcast either.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

My NBC local isn't an O&O so it should be OK (?), but I will miss a couple of the others. Wish I had OTA, those of us who don't have that option really get the shaft when it comes to things like this.

Reactions: Troch77
I have a lot of feelings on these disputes. I don't think it is fair that a handful of companies own dozens of channels and use the one or two good ones that they have as negotiating tools for all the lousy channels they force the providers to take. We're not privy to the negotiations so we really don't know if allowing contracts to expire are effective in negotiating lower rates. The people subscribing to pay TV are declining each year, and the people left are paying on average $100/mo for TV, so I really think they have a right to be upset about any disruption in service.
also they should not be able to TIE OTA channels to any other NON OTA Channel.

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts