DISH Comcast Dispute?

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Has anyone heard anything about a Dish/Comcast dispute? My mother just called and was asking me about it, she said her and my dad were watching something on USA, and a scroll came across "Attention Dish Network Customers, you will soon loose access to USA, Bravo, SyFy, etc..." I wasn't aware that it was nearing the time for their negotiations.

Ahh must be getting close to the Olympics. :)
true very true i wonder how much money comcast now wants for their channels now.the only ones that we are missing in high defintion are oxygen,chiller,sprout i know dish gets alot of requests for the tvonehd channel on their twitter account everyday.

March 20th

When will DISH subscribers lose your networks?
DISH subscribers will lose the largest group of NBCUniversal networks, including the NBC and Telemundo broadcast stations, as of March 20th. DISH subscribers will lose the remaining NBCUniversal networks over the course of the next few months.

Hmmmm interesting

I’m a subscriber to a DISH Sling product, or considering subscribing. Will these networks be available there?
These networks won’t be available on any DISH platform.

I'm surprised this seems to be coming out of the blue without any news in advance. Did anybody know the contract was about up?

Watching CNBC on fios now and this comes up.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1457989085.789564.jpg

This isn't as easy as some disputes for DISH imho. There are some channels involved that are watched by a decent percent of subscribers. Not knowing what is being extorted asked for this time I would say try to settle this one.

On further review.... take the money that would have gone to Viacom and settle this one... :)

For reference, here is a list of channels on Dish that MIGHT be effected:

USA
Syfy
Chiller
E!
Universal HD
Bravo
Esquire
Oxygen
MSNBC
CNBC
Telemundo
NBC Sports Network
Golf Channel
KNBC Los Angeles
KNSD San Diego
KNTV San Jose/San Francisco
WVIT Hartford/New Haven
WRC Washington DC
WTVJ Miami
WMAQ Chicago
WNBC New York
WCAU Philadelphia
KXAS Ft. Worth/Dallas

Last edited:
This isn't as easy as some disputes for DISH imho. There are some channels involved that are watched by a decent percent of subscribers. Not knowing what is being extorted asked for this time I would say try to settle this one.

On further review.... take the money that would have gone to Viacom and settle this one... :)

I agree, if these get dropped the first thing that will happen will be a flood of calls to Dish demanding a credit on peoples bills (10000s) of an average of 10-20 dollars because of the popularity of some of those networks. This isn't like losing PIXL or something like that. I know that I will be calling monthly to get credit as I have a lot of timers set for shows on those networks.

Here what I got say to NBC Universal STOP the BS all your doing piss us off ever more with lame negotiations with Dishnetwork get over it and deal with it stop putting us in midd of it or go jump ship and turn the channel off I really don't give a rat !@#. even know I do watch a few them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)