Dish CSR please comment on mixed arc set-up for Puerto Rico and USVI customers

All the channels in the Blockbuster Package was removed from PR subs. And that was about 21 channels in HD. If you call DISH you can talk to Charlie, he will say that is not available for secondary citizens, oops people in PR. When it was re-named from Platinum to BB they now show in green in the guide but don't bother to purchase it because you wont. I challenge anyone who can convince them to get them back. You will waste your time. There goes all EPIX 1, EPIX 2, Palladia, HDNET movies and many more. I bet you no one on this forum can help. They were all in HD.

If you have AEP you will have DOZENS of HD content not available. It's now called The Almost Nothing Package ( ANP ). Note: your bill total does not change.

Has anyone yet called DISH from PR and give your feedback and get their reaction. One network provider answer my e-mail from their Corporate offices and informed me to call my Provider and let them know so they can see our very negative outcome. This provider has many channels that we are missing.

Let's see what DISH has to say when they see they have created a caos down here with all their HD removals.

And remember, we now have the ANP package { see above }.

Please all of you call DISH and give them your feeling., It's called freedom of speech. You have nothing to loose, for we all ready lost the HD content on all of those channels. The phone is an (800) so what are you waiting for.

Please share DISH response.

Hi to everyone.

Why are you all saying that you do not get all the HD channels from the Block Buster Pkg? I have an antenna pointed at 61.5 and I am subscribed to that pkg. and see all the channels right now without a problem. I even extended the BB pkg to renew automaticaly from year to year through the Dish web page. And yes I am with a PR address; in the city of Caguas. I got enrolled in the BB pkg when it first started and did it through a regular sales rep. through the phone.

I believe what is being said (at least by one person anyway) is you could get Platinum at one time, but when it changed to the BB package you no longer could.

Tampa8 said:
I believe what is being said (at least by one person anyway) is you could get Platinum at one time, but when it changed to the BB package you no longer could.

Or they were getting platinum/BBMP free for a year and the promotion ran out and it dropped off their subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hi to everyone.

Why are you all saying that you do not get all the HD channels from the Block Buster Pkg? I have an antenna pointed at 61.5 and I am subscribed to that pkg. and see all the channels right now without a problem. I even extended the BB pkg to renew automaticaly from year to year through the Dish web page. And yes I am with a PR address; in the city of Caguas. I got enrolled in the BB pkg when it first started and did it through a regular sales rep. through the phone.

Please tell us how you did this. It is very important to all of us. PLEASE.

Hi dbs2000

I did not do anything that I didn't mention. I just subscribed to the BB pkg. by phone when they were ofering it for free. And about 6 months after that, I went into my dish account through the web page and set it up so it will auto renew the subscription. That was it; nothing special. And today I am able to see the mayority of the HD channels. Figured I am missing only a few but they are not that important; only realy missing the Science Channel not much else.

It would seem nothing would prevent getting it in PR then. If you are someone who tried and was denied, contact a DIRT member here and you will get the complete answer, good or bad.
BTW I know from experience if your account does not show the correct satellites you will/may be denied a package. In this case does your account show you have 61.5?

Last edited:
Hi dbs2000

I did not do anything that I didn't mention. I just subscribed to the BB pkg. by phone when they were ofering it for free. And about 6 months after that, I went into my dish account through the web page and set it up so it will auto renew the subscription. That was it; nothing special. And today I am able to see the mayority of the HD channels. Figured I am missing only a few but they are not that important; only realy missing the Science Channel not much else.

What I am doing wrong then. I had Platinum. If I call they say it is not available in PR. They don't care about 15 years with them with TOP packages.

Dame tu recomendacion antes que cancele en 8 dias. Por Favor.

Don't know whether they will allow that sat to added to PR subs. When I added 118 sat to my setup & wanted to add some intl pkg I had to go through that step also. Dish csr forced me to be in front of my tv...verified my check switch result, & even asked me to tune to certain intl channels coming from 118 to confirm that on my setup before activating the package.

Your best bet is to contact DIRT here

What Tampa8 and Rajmarie are saying, in my opinion is your best bet. Because I did nothing special. I just called at that moment in time and they did not asked any questions, they just make it happen. What I did to keep the pakage was go to my account and made sure it will auto renew before the free period was over. That was it. Obiously the channels are available, technicaly speking, in this geographic area if not I wouldn't be able to watch the channels right now. Is just Dish beeing Dish.

Last edited:
How do I do that. I have told them I have 119/110/61.5 and what a signal., from 70 to 110. Do you have the power to get my channels back on the Platinum pack???:confused:.

I just called them and they say a is not available in PR regardless if you have 61.5 in your account or not. Wow what a country.

I just gave up. Thanks to all for your good intentions

I'm not saying you will definitely get them of course, but you didn't follow what I suggested however. Wish you good luck.

DIRT just say that BB/Platinum channels are not available for PR and just don't allow you to include them. DR was very lucky he could add them to his account. I guess he called in the right moment. The nearest I could do was add Epix for $7/mo and they let me see the HD versions. The day they remove Epix HD from 61.5 the same day I will remove the package. When they gave Platinum free for a year to AEP customers not all channels where on 61.5. Later they fixed that I guessed based on all the calls that they gave something for free but incomplete. Now that the free year ended I could bet they will move those channels to 72.7 Dish: When are you going to make justice to PR customers?!? NBALP didn't had any channels in HD at first (they were moved out of 61.5 to 72.7). Recently they moved several of the NBALP HD channels to 110. Why don't Dish move all 12 NBALP to 110 ? I don't know, but please someone try to give justice to PR customers.

DIRT just say that BB/Platinum channels are not available for PR and just don't allow you to include them. DR was very lucky he could add them to his account. I guess he called in the right moment. The nearest I could do was add Epix for $7/mo and they let me see the HD versions. The day they remove Epix HD from 61.5 the same day I will remove the package. When they gave Platinum free for a year to AEP customers not all channels where on 61.5. Later they fixed that I guessed based on all the calls that they gave something for free but incomplete. Now that the free year ended I could bet they will move those channels to 72.7 Dish: When are you going to make justice to PR customers?!? NBALP didn't had any channels in HD at first (they were moved out of 61.5 to 72.7). Recently they moved several of the NBALP HD channels to 110. Why don't Dish move all 12 NBALP to 110 ? I don't know, but please someone try to give justice to PR customers.

It's a miracle you we able to get EPIX. That would have helped somewhat but not even that I can subscribe to. Bad move for DISH.

Yesterday I noticed that I lost a LOT of HD, and we didn't have much to begin with. As far as I know we just lost:
MAV TV
Universal HD
Velocity (still can get it on 5710, but no guide info)
HDnet Movies
CI
Palladia
CENTRIC
LOGO
Indie
Retro
Epix 1
Epix 2
MGM
Sony MC
Pixl
Sundance
(these last 2 not HD, but we lost them anyway with this last move)
Still being charge the same.
I used to receive all of them, crystal clear, no problems with reception, no rain fade. This is just another dumb move by DISH. I mean, why not let us subscribe to them? They could verify (pretty easy), that we could get them from 61.5. Most of the people I know that care about TV and have been with DISH for years, already have a dish pointing to 61.5. And 61.5 footprint "burns" Puerto Rico, with signal strength of 89 on a cloudy day.

Tampa8: On 119 we have four spot beam Tps being used (TPs 1, 3, 4, 5) and one unused spot beams (TP 7) (which can not be used in current 1-5 spotbeam plan)
On 110 we have TPs 18, 20, 23, 25, 29.

And how do feel now.. No cojieron de pen....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts