Dish CSR please comment on mixed arc set-up for Puerto Rico and USVI customers

This thread is 22 pages long and i am sorry to say that dish has still not figured it out. its almost like everyone is speaking chinese to them.

As Scott stated this is way above the pay grade of the Dirt Team. Several installers from PR and the USVI were to meet with the programing people for our region. So either these people have not posted yet or we got shafted once again. My buddy will be back over the weekend and I will find out what was said and post

neljtorres said:
Well In Team summit they told all the retailers here in PR that 61.5 is not available for PR so this information I already new since last year so now they can close this POST!

so the question now is are they going to drop the price for PR customers as they are charging us for channels
we do not get or will they continue the price gauging

neljtorres said:
Well In Team summit they told all the retailers here in PR that 61.5 is not available for PR so this information I already new since last year so now they can close this POST!

Since they announced we will get service from 62.1 looks like a mixed arc thread is needed. You of course don't have to read it

I would like to hear from the actual people who met with the Dish PR team, we were promised more channels off the 110/119 since Dish has pulled the plug on the 61.5 that they once offered us. When will something be happening. There was also supposed to be a meeting with ADD (Dish) about distant networks as we have no access to any network HD. I will keep running my $12 a month service out of NYC until they get this sorted out.

they have not started building it they will launch in 2014

Good, gives them plenty of time to read threads and get it right this time. Maybe this time when they put out press releases and post articles on there web site that PR is covered as a location they will mean in instead of back tracking a couple of years later and saying they never offered service from that location

Hmmm.
I’ve been around here for just about a year mostly reading posts and thinking I’m going to jump in sooner or later.
I just did after giving a tongue lashing to local cable company rep. I have complaining about a reoccurring problem for the past three years that never could be fixed. I even switched my internet service. I was pissed!
So I bought a vip722 dvr, DP 500+ PLUS PRO LNB 118 online and dish from a local store 33’ X 30’. I can do this right? I’m a technician and a ham with years of antenna building experience.
First thing I noticed is the bracket on the lnb when mounted place lnb lower than the y bracket I got with the dish. Looking around the net I see that the dish people use with this lnb is oval shaped with the longest side parallel to ground.
Then I read almost all of this entire post after spending two nights and not being able to make this thing work the correct way.
Now I’m wondering if I’m screwed.
I can make this thing work if I get the right information. But all the nice things I have been hearing about DN is getting blurry. Does DN have a little fine quote in their contract about second class service to APO/FPO locations like most shippers on the mainland?

Sport, Dish is a great service the only problem is that you have to pay the same as those on the mainland & you will receive less channels. You will get more answers if you ask on the Technical Discussion Forum. First at what satellite you are aiming? If you are using a twin lnb probably won't work. I have 3 dishes with a Single Dp Lnb, all connected to a SW33.

I don't have the space for more than one dish. I have a 500pr dish the 30' one. I have a dish pro twin lnb and a 500+ pro with three on and one in. The lnb you see on the dish is not what I have. I just got the pic off line.

I'm right now on 119 but want to get on 110 and some others as well.

Attachments

• lnbf.png
    lnbf.png
    12 KB · Views: 93
  • dish.png
    dish.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 88
Whats been the word for hd in pr guys? And if theyre shafting you guys why dont you all show them how pissed off you are and do a mass cancellation!? I got off Dish already. I just wanna see you guys that are getting treated like victims of the mob hit em where it hurts! Enough is enough guys!

Whats been the word for hd in pr guys? And if theyre shafting you guys why dont you all show them how pissed off you are and do a mass cancellation!? I got off Dish already. I just wanna see you guys that are getting treated like victims of the mob hit em where it hurts! Enough is enough guys!

Really, and who will they go to with more at that price? No, they are doing it the right way, enjoy what they can and fight for more. If there was better competition they would go to it I'm sure. They could go to Direct TV --- oh wait, they won't give any service there....

I still stay Dish needs to make a package based on what PR can actually get and price it accordingly. That way expectations are not made, and the price should be lower. It doesn't fix not getting channels, but I don't see Dish at this time moving HD to 61.5 just for the Puerto Rico market. Same for the WA, HD most likely is going to remain at 129. I have a feeling the problem is they can't make an official package based on what happens to be on certain satellites. Keep in mind, with the new Hopper, channel locations become even more important, the four networks have to be on the same transponder so moving around channels becomes more complicated.

I will like dish to give PR customers abc, fox, cbs & nbc in hd even though they are not in pr. Onelink carries I believe nbc ny in hd.

More hd channels are very welcomed but dish has the best hd lineup in pr then any other provider

Yea, they really need to start either lowering prices or adding HD cuz it's really not fair. On 61.5 how many channels are in HD for Puerto Rico? How many of those are in the channel 9000's ? I ask because i saw a list of hd channels that were in the 9000's. Just wondering how many are in the 9000's that are in HD on 61.5? Also, i hear that there are some HD channels on 61.5 that can be grabbed but can't be watched in PR unless you change your direction on your bill? Is that true and if so i guess that means that there are some channels in 61.5 in HD that can be viewed in PR but are restricted by Dish to allow us to view em? Thanks Guys!

Well you have to have the correct package that the channel is available in, just seeing the satellite doesn't get you all the channels. The problem is most HD channels are not on 61.5 or 119/110 and those are the only satellites that can be seen from PR. Those satellites are not compatible with each other, another words they are not meant to be able to get all the programming Dish offers. To do that you need 110/119/129 or 61.5 and 72. (and possibly 77 in some limited cases) Dish can't arrange the programming just for PR and make everything work, especially now that they have to putt all networks on the same transponder for each city. So PR does get left out of the full value. Dish needs to find a way to give and charge only for the programming that is actually available to Puerto Rico. But even that is not easy because they can't guarentee any specific programming will remain on 61.5 and Dish can not make up their own packages, many channels have agreements of what package they are carried in.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts