Dish CSR Rant

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
I do installs for a local retailer and wanted to share, “rant”, about an experience I had with a dish csr “tech support” this evening.

We normally activate systems through an automated ivr system, very nice, no way for anyone to screw something up as long as the order is built correctly. For whatever reason the phone # for ivr or dash kept kicking me over to customer service, I tried 2 or 3 times and finally said the heck with it I’ll just use tech support to activate the new system I just finished installing. It was a 722 with the top 120 and free movie preview no hd. The csr answers and spouts off his name and op Id. I stated my name and who I worked for along with the customers name, address & account # that I wanted to activate. He asked if this was a receiver swap, I said no it was a new activation. He then asked for receiver and smart card info and proceeded with activation. After he said we were good to go I asked if he would verify programming. He stated that the customer has absolute with locals & rfdtv. I said wait a minute that is exactly what I have on my account. Not paying attention to anything I said he took my account info associated with my cell phones caller id and deactivated my 722 and put my programming on the receiver I was trying to activate for this new customer. Unbelievable!!! to say the least. What is normally a 5 min or less task just turned into a huge hour long mess. I was livid and made him fix this fiasco, & he finally did get it straightened out. The thing that urks me the most is that I plainly stated the account info I was trying to activate to begin with.

So for those of you who have had bad csr experiences, don’t feel as if you are alone. Installers are going through the same kind of nonsense…………………………………….Is it just me or doesn't anybody give a s*@t about their tasks assigned to perform their jobs?

*four weeks later a call from the audit company wondering why he has two receivers at different addresses on the same account*

:D

next ime dont be so lazy and not enter in the customers phone number. then your account will not load up.

I did not start this job until early evening, had to pole mount the dish, bury over 100' of wire & go under a sidewalk. At this point late in the evening, yeah I'm a bit tired, been going at it since early morning. Like I stated earlier dash was messed up at the time I was trying to activate. I would have most definitely entered the customers phone or account # if given the option, but at this point going on 9pm I'm willing to activate however possible and go on to the house. I sure didn't expect the csr to screw things up the way he did especially when I plainly stated customers account info from the start.

BTW before you accuse someone of being lazy at least do a spell check before you post. :eek:

CSR

I did not start this job until early evening, had to pole mount the dish, bury over 100' of wire & go under a sidewalk. At this point late in the evening, yeah I'm a bit tired, been going at it since early morning. Like I stated earlier dash was messed up at the time I was trying to activate. I would have most definitely entered the customers phone or account # if given the option, but at this point going on 9pm I'm willing to activate however possible and go on to the house. I sure didn't expect the csr to screw things up the way he did especially when I plainly stated customers account info from the start.

BTW before you accuse someone of being lazy at least do a spell check before you post. :eek:

You're forgetting what CSR stands for: Can be Seriously Retarded. :D

I use my personal cell to activate accounts too... I took my number off my account and put my wifes number in so I wouldn't have to deal with this type of problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)